Real Money

Crip1

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NYSE-CEO-says-real-money-rb-14939676.html

"The real money investors are still waiting. I think they're waiting, they're watching. They want to make sure that what we saw in March is real," NYSE Chief Executive Duncan Niederauer was cited as saying by the Financial Times newspaper on Thursday.

"And I think once they are convinced, you will know it. The market will have a totally different tone to it."

So...once the Dow goes up another 500 or 1000 the "real money" will finally buy in? Well, THAT makes sense. No reason to buy a stock at $25 when you can wait a few months and buy it at $30. I guess the people who bought during Q1 only bought with "fake money".

Speechless.

-Crip

Ben Graham told the story in one of his books about him overhearing what was I believe an insurance company manager saying something like I'll buy it back when it gets back to 95 referring to a bond that was selling in the single digits!

Tariq,

If he would have said that the institutional money was out due to economic fundamentals, I would have been fine. But the quote looks to me like they wanted to make sure that the market was going up before investing. The concept makes no sense to me.

-Crip