Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

Next Tuesday night is the dinner...over 90 people attending.  After the buffet, our guest speakers will arrive, and there should be a couple of surprise guests as well!  We will once again be holding our charity lottery with prizes donated by Fairfax, so make sure you bring plenty of cash and your check book!  We've already received some direct check donations for "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada".  If you make your check directly payable to them, they will send you a tax receipt once we submit all the donations.  They send the tax receipt to U.S. residents as well.  

I would like to ask a favor of our attendees.  I'm usually so busy running around seating people, mingling and then running the mic during the presentation, that I was hoping some of you would be able to take pictures of the event, and post them on here for all boardmembers.  Maybe a couple of you can take some notes and post them here as well.  It would be much appreciated by me, as well as the many Fairfax shareholders who aren't able to attend.

Finally, I'd like to thank Prem and everyone at Fairfax for their support, in particular Prem's executive assistant, Pat Hios.  She was best friends with JoAnn and this event means alot to her.

Details are below and we'll see you all there!  Cheers!

2011 FAIRFAX FINANCIAL SHAREHOLDER'S DINNER

Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner

Tuesday April 19, 2011

Joe Badali’s

156 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

(416)977-3064

Meet & Greet:  5:30pm-6:00pm

Dinner Buffet:  6:00pm-8:00pm

Q&A:  8:00pm-9:30pm

Tickets:  $45/person

RSVP:  cornermarketcapital@gmail.com

Paypal:  cornermarketcapital@gmail.com

Memo:  FFH Shareholders Dinner

JOE BADALI’S

FRESH PASTA BAR BUFFET

~SALAD BAR~

* 1 HOUSEMADE SOUP

* CAESAR SALAD WITH ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING

* BADALI SALAD WITH FRESH LEMON HERB VINAIGRETTE

* TOMATOES      * CUCUMBERS   * LEMON WEDGES

* SLICED OLIVES   * SLICED RAW MUSHROOMS

* CROUTONS   * BACON BITS   * ROMANO CHEESE

* 5 ANTIPASTI ITEMS

(ASSORTED VEGETABLE & FRESH PASTA SALADS)

~ENTRÉE ITEMS~

* CHEF'S CARVERY

(ROAST BEEF)

* 2 FRESH HOT PASTAS

(1 VEGETARIAN)

* FRESH P.E.I. MUSSELS

* ROASTED CHICKEN

* RICE PILAF OR ROASTED POTATOES

* ASSORTED STONE BAKED PIZZAS

~DESSERT ITEMS~

* FRESH FRUIT PLATTER

* CHOCOLATE CAKE

* COFFEE or TEA

Onyx, that's very generous and much appreciated! 

Smazz, yes that's fine...every little bit helps...just use my email on Paypal (cornermarketcapital@gmail.com) and under the memo just note "FFH Dinner Donation". 

Cheers!

It's going to be a tight squeeze for the presentation part this year as well folks!  I'll be exploring other venues on this trip, and we'll arrange something that can comfortably accomodate a larger crowd for next year.  

Although, we've enjoyed Joe Badali's hospitality for the last six years!  When we started we only had nine attendees.  Now we have ten times as many, and I'm guessing that will increase at least two-fold over the next 5-6 years.  Cheers!

It's going to be a tight squeeze for the presentation part this year as well folks!  I'll be exploring other venues on this trip, and we'll arrange something that can comfortably accommodate a larger crowd for next year.  

Although, we've enjoyed Joe Badali's hospitality for the last six years!  When we started we only had nine attendees.  Now we have ten times as many, and I'm guessing that will increase at least two-fold over the next 5-6 years.  Cheers!

Watch out, soon it might be bigger than the actual meeting itself  8)

Does anyone else want to meet up before the dinner?  I should arrive in Toronto a little after noon.

The tradition continues.  I'm in.  :)

Only real fans go to the pre-pre-meeting.   ;D

I suggest C'est What which is a 10 min walk from Joe B's.

URL http://www.cestwhat.com/

Map http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=C%27est+What&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=C%27est+What&hnear=Toronto,+ON&cid=0,0,10028530785494359943&z=16&iwloc=A

Added: Starting at ~3:00 PM and ending ~5:20 PM to allow for the shamble over to Joe B's

Norm  --  looks like you took the lead this year.

Oh no, Packer gets the credit.   :)

Another pre-pre-meeting sounds good at C'est What this time.

How about 5:30pm.

Ah, you'll notice that the doors open at Joe Bs at 5:30 this year.  So,  I'd expect that we'll be headed there for 5:30.  This is for even earlier arrivals.  :)  

To fix a time, I'll wander down to C'est What for ~3:00 PM for the early arrivals.  :)