Any books on Prem Watsa?

jacobwolinsky

It is nice to join the forum some of you probably have seen my site before. I have utilized this forum many times in the past, tons of great information. I just put together a resource page on Prem Watsa, which I thought you guys might enjoy-http://www.valuewalk.com/resource-page-2/current-value-investors/prem-watsa/. I could not find any books about Prem. Does anyone know any books that mention at least some detail on Watsa?

thanks

Jacob

Guest longinvestor

Thanks.

Whats the AM, a conference? And does anyone know the name of the book?

Annual (shareholders) meeting....next week in Toronto

The book is called "The First 25 Years of Fairfax" and it's terrific!  Shareholders will love it and be as giddy as schoolgirls...literally!  ;D 

I'll find out if they will make it available later on, say on Amazon, Overstock or something.  I think it would be great and they could put the proceeds into Fairfax's own charitable donations.  I know I would buy a bunch and send them to our fund partners.  Cheers!

I'll find out if they will make it available later on, say on Amazon, Overstock or something.  I think it would be great and they could put the proceeds into Fairfax's own charitable donations.  I know I would buy a bunch and send them to our fund partners.  Cheers!

That would be great!

But if it's too much trouble logistically, I'm sure us FFH fans who can't make the annual meeting would love an electronic PDF version.

Yeah I read the new book about Peter, and mentioned that on my resource page as a book that discusses Watsa.

My bad AM-annual meeting sm-shareholder meeting I probably would have gotten.

If anyone gets a copy or finds more out about it i.e. will it be on Amazon, please do let me know.

thanks

Ok guys, the demand for the book has been huge, and personally I would prefer if it wasn't passed around as a PDF after the AGM.  Fairfax is toying around with the idea of making it available later on, so I will update you as I find out.  Until then, as I mentioned, please don't pass it around as a PDF after the AGM, otherwise I will delete the posts or PDF from the message board.  Cheers!

There is a chapter in the book about Peter Cundill "There's Always Something to Do" Chapter 19

Packer

Reading that book right now......love it so far!

Just curious, how did you get a copy of the book in advance of the meeting?

No...I`m reading the book "There's Always Something to Do" by Christopher Risso-Gill.  Available at Amazon, B&N etc.  It one of the few books that has Prem mentioned in it. I don`t have the 25 years of Fairfax book yet.  Can`t wait to get my hands on that one.