Vito Maida Live Chat

Parsad

I agree with him for the most part except for Nat Gas. I hold no cash though, and am trying to figure out how to raise some without selling any positions (that makes no sense). He holds so much cash 90% of the time though. Its almost like he is waiting for all hell to break loss. His fund has the right name though.

I think there is a possibility for hell to break loose over the next year or so...and not as slim as some may think.  I'm getting gravely concerned with Europe and I have a very hard time seeing the Euro survive the next five years.  I'm also a little concerned about China, but nothing like Europe.  Contrary to most, I think the U.S. will viewed as the world's safe haven!  Cheers!

I think there is a possibility for hell to break loose over the next year or so...and not as slim as some may think.  I'm getting gravely concerned with Europe and I have a very hard time seeing the Euro survive the next five years.  I'm also a little concerned about China, but nothing like Europe.  Contrary to most, I think the U.S. will viewed as the world's safe haven!  Cheers!

You may be on to something. We are the C student in the class of Ds and Fs. Politically Germany will do whats not in there interest and inmo cause severe harm to the Euro pact (A high currency would kill their exports), China is due for a bad one causing potential harm to Canada, Brazil, and Australia due to drops in most commodities.

The real question is whats the catalyst and win?

I agree with him for the most part except for Nat Gas.

You could both be right, just working on different timeframes.  Remember the context of his comments: he is looking at the very long-term, and you are no doubt looking somewhat nearer-term Myth.

This is true, 5 years feels like an eternity to me and probably an afternoon for him lol.