BAC, C or MS.... Career choice

alertmeipp

All three are obviously huge companies.  The result of this is that within each of those three there will be great teams and projects to work on, and lousy teams and projects to be working on.  These factors would matter to me more than the general company.

All three are obviously huge companies.  The result of this is that within each of those three there will be great teams and projects to work on, and lousy teams and projects to be working on.  These factors would matter to me more than the general company.

What this guy said.  Or, get a job at Goldman Sachs.

You might want to take a closer look at the personality of the company.  If you can handle a very structured organization where you can operate within a very set limit of boundaries these might be your type of companies.

Down the road if you they to move to a smaller company, working at one of these companies will be a hindrance b/c they are viewed as being very rigid.  Smaller companies need people that are flexable and can work with shades of gray (not exactly knowing what is needed for aproject or needing multiple skill sets).  Smaller companies will bring this right out in the I interview.

Guest HarryLong

Given a chance - which company will you work for..

Technical position.

Don't listen to anyone else but me on this one. Get a job with Process Driven Trading (PDT) at Morgan Stanley (looks like they are spinning it off). Nothing else will be as good. They're the Skunk Works of the operation. That's where you want to be as a technical person--on the cutting edge.

Technical position.

Don't listen to anyone else but me on this one. Get a job with Process Driven Trading (PDT) at Morgan Stanley (looks like they are spinning it off). Nothing else will be as good. They're the Skunk Works of the operation. That's where you want to be as a technical person--on the cutting edge.

A friend of mine was headhunted for this very operation. This guy is the smartest person I know, but the only way this guy kept up with everyone else who was doing 60-70 hour weeks was by doing 80-90 hour weeks. He told me stories about people who came into work violently sick and vomiting into bins (cleaning staff would be summoned to clean so work wouldn't be disturbed of course), one chap who managed to lose several teeth from lack of sleep/stress on the job, etc.

Technical position.

If you are young and ambitious, it doesn't really matter that much.  Be loyal, patient, and make yourself indispensible those around you, especially your boss.  Befriend and help anyone who works in an area where you have an interest.  If you are competent and effective you will be "discovered" and given new opportunities.