Andy Kilpatrick Has Done It Again - Another New Book For 2011

marlinls

a new book  - 2011 Travel and Adventure Edition-

1250 pages  1500 photos, 200 in color.

you can see the cover and how to order on my web site.

you can also go to Amzn.com

my website  is marlinsweb.com

use internet explorer or any other browser but aol.com.

the web site does not work well with aol.com.

Marlin L. Stockwell

long time owner of Berkshire Hathaway stock

Here's what I don't understand: the 2010 edition apparently has 2000 pages. Why is 2011 edition 1250 pages?

Is it just an error on Amazon or is the book actually shorter? Did content get cut, or is it simply a different font size?

Anyone knows?

Thank you, if it's different then I still need to get the 2010 edition. Does anyone know where I can get it for a decent price? Amazon.com is out except for $200 third party copies, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. thanks!

As I've always said, this is hands-down the best biography on Berkshire and Buffett.  Andy was really the first author/journalist to print something positive about Fairfax and Prem, exactly at the point when so many were doubting Prem's integrity.  He printed it in a book completely about BUFFETT!  Can you imagine the sacrilege since several managers who walked and talked the Buffett/Graham line were actually shorting the stock.

When I talk about the great, ethical investment managers I know, I should always include Andy as one of the nicest and most ethical authors I know.  He's a class act!  I asked Andy for permission, and he has graciously allowed me to attach PDF's of the 2011 cover and 1st chapter.  Enjoy!  Cheers!

I just ordered the new book...thanks for pointing it out.  I'm going to need new bookshelves to support the weight of all Mr. Kilpatrick's books.

Funny to see him mention stopping in DQ in China.  I was just over there and visited a DQ in Xi'an. The place was packed.  It's in the main square.  I attached a few pictures to show you how many people there were walking by this one DQ location (this was during the week).

Thank you, if it's different then I still need to get the 2010 edition. Does anyone know where I can get it for a decent price? Amazon.com is out except for $200 third party copies, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. thanks!

Andy has self published recent editions.  Suggest you contact him to see if he can mail you a copy.  If not, ask him for the date of his next press run.  He'll probably have a number of copies available for the book vending at the upcoming AGM.  :)

Andy has self published recent editions.  Suggest you contact him to see if he can mail you a copy.  If not, ask him for the date of his next press run.  He'll probably have a number of copies available for the book vending at the upcoming AGM.  :)

I did ask him, and he eventually said he could sell one to me, so I said that I'd like that, but that was weeks ago and I still haven't heard back so I'm starting to despair a bit that this will happen and am trying to find alternative ways to get my hands on it...

To Liberty

i sent an email to Andy.

he said he will sell you the 2010 edition for $35.00

Send an email to  andyakpe@aol.com  and give him your address

Marlin

That's awesome Marlinls, thank you very much! I'll email Andy right now.

Andy and I exchanged a few emails and he clarified things for me:

The 2011 edition is mostly the same as the 2010 edition, with some additions. It has a smaller number of pages because the format is different and pages have 2 columns, but it still contains the whole biography.

So I'll just pre-order the 2011. Sorry about the confusion everybody!