Fairfax Financial 2011 Shareholder's Dinner Update!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

As most of you know already, the dinner this year sold out really fast...all 70 seats were gone in a week.  So I put together a waiting list in case anyone cancelled, but that list has already grown to 15 people.  So I feel bad not being able to get everyone in.  I spoke to the restaurant and we've arranged suitable plan.

All those people that reserved initially, the first 70 people, will be seated in our regular private room area.  There is a movable see-through partition that separates our room from the room next door, so we will slide that partition away for the dinner portion, and will seat the people on the waiting list on the tables alongside the partition and next to the other dinners.  

After dinner, the original 70 guests will have the first right to move their seat closer to the presentation, and then we'll fill in the back with the people that came in on the waiting list.  That way everyone can enjoy the dinner buffet and the presentation, and we don't have to exclude anyone this year.  I will definitely find a bigger location for next year!

Thanks very much for all of you who have already paid...roughly 85% are paid to date!  I would ask that those that haven't paid, please do so, as well as any guests that are on the waiting list and would like to join us.  Details for the dinner are below.  Thanks very much!

2011 FAIRFAX FINANCIAL SHAREHOLDER'S DINNER

The Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner we hold each year, is set for April 19, 2011 at Joe Badali’s in Toronto.  We’ve always enjoyed support from Fairfax, and last year our guests were Sam Mitchell, Brian Bradstreet & Peter Furlan.  As well, our dear friend Francis Chou of Chou Associates was there to answer questions.  It was a terrific evening where investors asked virtually anything they wanted, and came away with some tremendous lessons.

The dinner is held in memory of JoAnn Butler, who was our biggest supporter and Prem Watsa’s executive assistant for many years.  JoAnn passed away on May 12, 2009 from colon cancer, and she was instrumental in the success of our dinners each year.

We’ve changed the structure of the event a bit, as the guest count was at capacity last year, and the ordering process for dinner became quite a challenge.  This year the ticket price is $45 per person, which includes an expansive buffet dinner, dessert, coffee & tea, as well as a third of the ticket price goes to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada, in memory of JoAnn.  Corner Market Capital Corporation will once again match that donation.  Last year, through your generosity, we raised $4,870!  

Please get your RSVP’s and payments in early, as we will be limited to 70 people attending this year.

Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner

Tuesday April 19, 2011

Joe Badali’s

156 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

(416)977-3064

Meet & Greet:  5:30pm-6:00pm

Dinner Buffet:  6:00pm-8:00pm

Q&A:  8:00pm-9:30pm

Tickets:  $45/person

RSVP:  cornermarketcapital@gmail.com

Paypal:  cornermarketcapital@gmail.com

Memo:  FFH Shareholders Dinner

Checks:  Corner Market Capital Corporation

Suite 1620, Box 36

1140 W. Pender Street

Vancouver, BC  V6E4G1  

JOE BADALI’S

FRESH PASTA BAR BUFFET

~SALAD BAR~

* 1 HOUSEMADE SOUP

* CAESAR SALAD WITH ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING

* BADALI SALAD WITH FRESH LEMON HERB VINAIGRETTE

* TOMATOES * CUCUMBERS * LEMON WEDGES

* SLICED OLIVES * SLICED RAW MUSHROOMS

* CROUTONS * BACON BITS * ROMANO CHEESE

* 5 ANTIPASTI ITEMS

(ASSORTED VEGETABLE & FRESH PASTA SALADS)

~ENTRÉE ITEMS~

* CHEF'S CARVERY

(ROAST BEEF)

* 2 FRESH HOT PASTAS

(1 VEGETARIAN)

* FRESH P.E.I. MUSSELS

* ROASTED CHICKEN

* RICE PILAF OR ROASTED POTATOES

* ASSORTED STONE BAKED PIZZAS

~DESSERT ITEMS~

* FRESH FRUIT PLATTER

* CHOCOLATE CAKE