Who (what companies) will get us from here to there (see link)

Guest Bronco

This video was shown to us in a training session last month and generated quite a buzz in my class as it is such as nice video. 

I am not sure how much "manufacturers" will actually will benefit from making it happens.  It seems today that people making LCD displays are not making much money.  It would seem to me that the product shown in the film likely will also become commodity and be priced like commodity.

To embedd so much electronics stuff in glasses, I assume the MCU makers and the semiconductor foundries will get new businesses that today does not exist except I am not sure whether the margin will be good.

Maybe it will be more interesting to find out, which companies will benefit the most if such technology exist at a low level of cost? 

Guest Bronco

Looks like those "phones" would be apple killers.  Some kid in his garage most likely.

I would assume with the cross section and intellect on this board that many have seen this.

Glw could benefit if they were one stop shop (electronics in the glass).  But this is just a guess - I have no clue on the future of this.  Awesome video.

I would assume that the cisco aand junipers love this scenario.

This will all probably be a future reality, unless something else leapfrogs this.

Guest Bronco

Left coast, there is some brilliance in your statement.  However, my understanding is not only is the glass self cleansing, but if your cheeks may contact, the glass will actually wipe you butt.

Left coast, there is some brilliance in your statement.  However, my understanding is not only is the glass self cleansing, but if your cheeks may contact, the glass will actually wipe you butt.

oh man. that's all I need. I'm sold!  ;D

Do you know this for sure or is this just an ASSumption on your part?  ;D

cheers

Zorro

I think this was a great question that deserves some thought

Maybe it will be more interesting to find out, which companies will benefit the most if such technology exist at a low level of cost?

I have been asking the same type of question when it comes to green technology. I have no interest in investing in the companies that make green technologies because I have no idea and am not smart enough to figure out which ones are the best and will come out on top but so far I haven't been smart enough to figure out what companies and business models will flourish if all the green tech comes into being.

SmallCap