Wells fargo CFO?

bargainman

What do you mean, Wells has great customer service  ;).

Bank confusion turns into $10,000 problem

Man gives (cute) daughter $10,000 check. Wells Fargo thinks its fraud , closes her account and then wont return money!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/7_on_your_side&id=7996116

Stolen from FW.

With that said My brokerage and Checkings are at Wells and TOS. Tough not to have a few weird cases when you are closing in on 10% of deposits.

Wow that's brutal, I can't believe they just took the $10,000 and refused to address the problem!...  What's more brutal is that the comptroller didn't do anything about it.  I just reminds you how small we are vs the giant corporate entities.  That's probably why I'm paranoid and have accounts in 10 or more institutions.. 

I skeptical...not of the story...but how the situation was handled. I would like to believe phone calls or letters to the responsible executive would have produced some action. Getting to the right person is paramount in these kinds of situations and it might take a shotgun approach (multiple letters) to the executives.

My Wachovia account was transitioned to wells fargo.

It was a nightmare to setup auto pay of mortage from checking (both accounts were in wells fargo/wachovia). They messed it up twice. I had to make 4 calls to customer service to get it right. they transferred from diff accounts (which didnt have balance and charged fees for insufficient funds)

Also in our local branch, our ATM cards didn't work for a few days.

Guest dealraker

Big often means terrible service.  I've personally had perfect service from Wells but fully accept the stories above of zero service and downright mental/financial/emotional ABUSE.  I know it happens.

My investment club however...

My investment club has tried to open an account with Fidelity for one year.  Yes friends, one DAMN year.  Finally after our partnership application (we are a partnership set up by the lawyers in our club) was rejected for the 2nd time by the "New Accounts" division we got someone on the telephone who was aware of investment club procedures.  Here are his exact words: "I am probably the only person I know who is aware that we have a 'Investment Club Cash Account' form that you will need to complete."  He continues, "The New Accounts people know enough to put you on restrictions and reject your application, but they don't know what forms you need to complete to set up the account."

Big equals crap and all kinds of people who get good service will not understand that some people, like those on this site who have written above, have stories that should result (in my view) in large fines for the big firms.  

My mother in law moved her assets over to Wells Fargo after Columbia Bank took over American Marine Bank (local bank that failed).

Wells Fargo then proceeded so send her financial documents to our house by mistake -- I opened it without checking the name on the mail, we also do business with Wells Fargo so I just figured it was something pertaining to us.  Now we know how much she's got and how it's invested -- unless there are more accounts we don't yet know about.

She wasn't very happy with the bank!  Bad first experience for her?