What Percentage of Your Portfolio is in Fairfax?

T-bone1

I think Fairfax is an excellent value at these levels (roughly book value), and that their combined ratio is temorarily hampered by an expense ratio that is contributing an extra 5% to the combined ratio (Prem and other managers have said that their insurance operations are currently sized to write a lot more business, and when this happens the expense ratio will immediately drop 5%).

There is very little to get excited about this year with regard to FFH, either in investments (hedged) or insurance (soft market).

I think everyone on this board think FFH has a very bright future, but it is difficult to come up with a compelling reason to buy today.  I am curious what percentage of everyone's portfolio (this being a group of knowledgeable FFH fans) Fairfax is currently, and what percentage it would be today if people thought the market was hardening and long-term historical investment performance would imediately begin again?

I hold 20% of my portfolio in FFH and I would go as high as 35%

Could someone please enlighten me as to how to add an actual poll to this posting?

Ericopoly, I have always found your postings on FFH very insightful, and would be interested to hear what you currently think.

The reason I want to know everyone's weighting to FFH (and how large a weighting they would go to at the right time) is that I would consider it very bullish if FFH is under-owned by a group of admitted FFH groupies who go to the annual meeting and post online about the company.

20% Currently, but agressively adding especially since Mr. Buffett mentioned his elephant gun. This was obviously a thinly vieled reference to Prem Watsa and Fairfax, slightly colonialist/racist in my opinion but its obvious that he plans on buying Fairfax and having Prem and Ajit run berkshire.

20% Currently, but agressively adding especially since Mr. Buffett mentioned his elephant gun. This was obviously a thinly vieled reference to Prem Watsa and Fairfax, slightly colonialist/racist in my opinion but its obvious that he plans on buying Fairfax and having Prem and Ajit run berkshire.

It doesn't look that obvious to me. Also, the premium over book that he would be willing to pay can't be that high. I'd rather own FFH long term, than FFH as part of BRK.