Message Board is Nine Years Old Today!

Parsad

I started the old MSN Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder's Board on February 19, 2002.  Nine years ago today!  That board was meant for just me and a few friends to talk about Berkshire Hathaway and other investments.  I never imagined meeting Prem, Francis or anyone else from Fairfax.  I had just met Mohnish in Omaha, and had no inkling that we would eventually become good friends.

I never imagined I would be running my own funds a few years later.  Working on a daily basis with my cousin, who grew up with me like my brother.  The fantastic partners that trust and support us.  Our director Andrew Cooke, who has become such a great friend!  As Buffett says, I tap dance to work every morning.

This afternoon I just had lunch with "Triedtestedandffh" here in Vancouver...first time I met him.  In a couple of months, 70 of you will be joining me for dinner in Toronto...70 people I never knew before...and we'll be raising money for a worthy cause.  Cheers and happy anniversary to you all!       

I am sure all of the members of the Board would join me in thanking and congratulating you for your efforts in relation to this wonderful Board.  I understand that the Board has made a big impact on you, but I presume you also are aware of the impact it has made on others that read it diligently, especially in the early days when FFH was not as strong as it is at the present.  Thank you.

I am sure all of the members of the Board would join me in thanking and congratulating you for your efforts in relation to this wonderful Board.   I understand that the Board has made a big impact on you, but I presume you also are aware of the impact it has made on others that read it diligently, especially in the early days when FFH was not as strong as it is at the present.   Thank you.

Ditto.

Congratulations and thank you, Sanjeev!

Fantastic achievement Sanjeev, Congratulations and a big thank you ! My only wish/regret was that I had found this board earlier than 2009 - better late than never I guess. I am looking forward to the next decade :)

I would sincerely like to thank all fellow members who are generous and share their knowledge day in and day out.

Its funny - i was just thinking out loud today that if i had all the money I wanted, would i really be working where I am presently. And I realized that its not the money but the fear of change. hopefully i will find the courage to overcome this.

cheers and good luck !

I just wish your board or a similar board had been around in the late 1970's or early 1980's when I first started investing, it would have saved me many a learning error.

Congratulations for what I consider the best investing board and the best civility of posters.

Chuck

Pasard,

Congratulations on nine years! It's a terrific milestone for you.

Not only are you a lucky man, so are the men and women that have had the opportunity to share, learn and benefit from your personal efforts.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the group.

Thank you Sanjeev and also to all the other members of this board for their very valuable and intelligent insights into investing. In the four years or so that I have been following this board and its predecessor I have learned a lot. During those ugly days when we saw the bottom fall out of the market and bad news day after day, this board helped me keep things in perspective. While I don't pretend to have near the expertise that many board members do, I find that reading the posts tends to shape ones way of thinking and combining that with a little common sense certainly has made me a better investor.

I check the board numerous times a day, every day and more than anything I value the different points of views that are shared here.

Happy anniversary, Sanjeev!

Tim stumbled across the board early on while we were trying to find some useful info on the Yellowberkers (?) board.  We were long term lurkers before I bit the bullet and started posting frequently in 09.  The experience has been worthwhile.  Lots of ideas, some good, and the opportunity to have excellent peer review in real time of our ideas.  

Don't grow weary in well doing.  Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

Thanks Sanjeev..

was looking at ffh in 2004,05 but never pulled the trigger till 2007.. since it has been profitable few years but never had conviction to bet big..

I only wish if I had discovered the old board few years earlier..