David Nierenberg

Shane

Anyone have any thoughts on this investor?  I am interested in following investors of micro-caps to learn from them, however, I have been following his fund on gurufocus for a while and it seems his fund is doing rather poorly.  It is very difficult for me to find any long-term performance for him as there doesn't seem to be much on the web, it seems he is highly regarded.

Anyone have any thoughts on this investor?  I am interested in following investors of micro-caps to learn from them, however, I have been following his fund on gurufocus for a while and it seems his fund is doing rather poorly.  It is very difficult for me to find any long-term performance for him as there doesn't seem to be much on the web, it seems he is highly regarded.

I have never heard this name. Personally, I do not give websites like gurufocus or motley fool much merits. Too many promotional peeps out there. A few of them might be good but you never know.

Valueforum seems to be good and if you are an American, try BankInvestor.com.

Nierenberg runs D3 Family Funds in Camus, Washington, not far from Portland, Oregon.  They focus on microcaps and smallcap stocks, with a slight activist bent by joining boards of the companies they invest in.  They had a good record from what I remember before the credit crunch.  Not sure after.

http://d3familyfund.com/bios.aspx

I also heard that their third partner, Cara Denver, was pretty hot!  ;D  Too bad guys, she's married now.  Cheers!