An Open Letter to Sardar Biglari

BargainValueHunter

http://seekingalpha.com/article/252396-an-open-letter-to-sardar-biglari-ceo-of-biglari-holdings

Berkshire Hathaway’s stock price rose to astronomical heights because Buffett was so successful building shareholder value over many decades. I have no doubt your current investors would welcome a similar trajectory for Biglari Holdings in the future, but you should at least give us a chance to be one of the early investors. People like me were too young to invest in Berkshire Hathaway Class “A” shares in the 1960s or 1970s (I was born in 1979) but those who did were able to do so without giving up their voting rights.

I think my gut reaction to reading that letter was something along the lines of "how quaint."  It seems to be equivalent to leaving a note on your big screen T.V. asking nicely that would-be robbers not steal it, as you are quite attached to it and would prefer not to have to replace it.  If the author thinks Biglari cares one whit about small investors and their desire to be voting partners in BH, he's delusional.