Bruce Berkowitz 2010-2011 Reminds You of Warren Buffett in 19??

Comparing two very different managers may be foolhardy but it seems that there was a short period of time when Buffett went from obscure manager of capital to one easily recognizable by his last name to most investing buffs.

Would you say there was a period of time that Warren made that transition (in the public eye) and how would it compare to an obviously more out there and aggressive Bruce Berkowitz?

I like the old Berkowitz who lived in New Jersey when he had the nerdy glasses, haircut,  suit and tie. Bruce moves to Miami and now he's Rico Sauve with his perfectly coiffed hair and relaxed clothing style.

As I've noted in other posts, the "Miami Vice Bruce" is, visually, not as appealing as obscure, nerdy Bruce ala 2003.

But as long as his brain remains the same and he doesn't start believing the hype then I'm cool with him managing SOME of my capital. ;)

I like the old Berkowitz who lived in New Jersey when he had the nerdy glasses, haircut,  suit and tie. Bruce moves to Miami and now he's Rico Sauve with his perfectly coiffed hair and relaxed clothing style.

I'm not sure where the "old Berkowitz" image comes from, but it seems like a well constructed myth (similar to WEB's?) at best. Berkowitz is no outcast; it's impossible to build a career as a successful investment advisor with a steady London-based clientele with weak social skills.