Barron's Says BRK May Have $50,000,000,000.00 in Cash By Year End

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424052970204590704576092363632916394.html?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoobarrons#articleTabs_panel_article%3D1

Combine that with the likely repayment of some lucrative investments in Goldman Sachs (GS), General Electric (GE) and other companies that Buffett made during the financial crisis, and Berkshire's insurance units could be holding $20 billion more by year end than the $30 billion they had on Sept. 30, 2010. (We focus on cash at Berkshire's insurance operations and not in other divisions because insurance cash is readily available for investment. Other units held about $3 billion in cash.) Berkshire's market value is $200 billion, fifth-largest in the U.S. stock market, behind only ExxonMobil (XOM), Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT) and Google (GOOG).

Guest ValueCarl

Finally, a DIVIDEND is in the CARDS. I was wondering how Burlington owners who didn't exit entirely, would feel about not being fed by Uncle Warren. The sooner it happens, the better!  :-X

Guest dealraker

On the wall here in my office is Andrew Bary's December 27th 1999 Barron's cover:

"WARREN: WHAT'S WRONG?"

Bary's writing goes into detail about Buffett's anti New Era stance and profiles the outperformance by Buffett's peers Jack Welch and Hank Greenberg.

On the wall here in my office is Andrew Bary's December 27th 1999 Barron's cover:

Bary's writing goes into detail about Buffett's anti New Era stance and profiles the outperformance of Buffett's peers Jack Welch and Hank Greenberg.

LOL  ;D

Guest longinvestor

Bary's writing goes into detail about Buffett's anti New Era stance and profiles the outperformance by Buffett's peers Jack Welch and Hank Greenberg.

That's funny.

I think Warren has not had the last laugh, yet. Not bad, sitting, sitting, sitting on cash...you first need to have cash to sit on it. ;D

Bary's writing goes into detail about Buffett's anti New Era stance and profiles the outperformance of Buffett's peers Jack Welch and Hank Greenberg.

LOL   ;D

At some point, Berkshire will start to pay a dividend. I'll no speculate as to when, but Berkshire not only can't buy lemonade stands, but at this time neither the lemon producer in the purpose of moving the needle very significantly.