Daily Journal Annual Meeting

COYS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

In reviewing dinning establishments close to the meeting, a place has been located that we thought everyone might consider appropriate.

Reservations have been made for a very small group at 7:00 pm on 9-9-14 under the name Mr. Mulliner.  It has been requested to pass the word that everyone will be going dutch.

If you have any interest in joining, please call and let them know so they can reserve seating at 213-623-8301.

reddogg66

I tried calling to add another person on the reservation to Mr. Mulliner, but they told me that there's no reservations that night under that name. This is the Nickel Diner, right?

I've put down a reservation for 6 people @ 7pm on September 9th, 2014 under the last name King. If anyone would like to join me, please let me know.

reddogg66

I tried calling to add another person on the reservation to Mr. Mulliner, but they told me that there's no reservations that night under that name. This is the Nickel Diner, right?

I've put down a reservation for 6 people @ 7pm on September 9th, 2014 under the last name King. If anyone would like to join me, please let me know.

Was the Mr. King versus Mr. Mulliner reservation issue for tomorrow night resolved?

reddogg66

Was the Mr. King versus Mr. Mulliner reservation issue for tomorrow night resolved?

I would go if people are interested.

There wasn't significant interest as of yesterday for the dinner, so I was thinking of moving the dinner to a lunch after the DJCO meeting.

Would there be more interest in a lunch versus dinner the night before?

I'd be down for both.

I've never been to LA (except once... I was at an Amtrak bus stop for 45 minutes...), but for lunch I hear Philippe french dip is pretty good.  And it's very close by to where the DJCO meeting is happening.

merkhet

We would love to join you guys for whatever is feasible.  Made the reservations during labor day weekend perhaps they lost them?.  Will be flying in LAX in the morning.  Please let me know what you all decide.    I have for quite some time been interested in your thoughts on some things and wanted to pick your brain a little.

Thanks,

reddog66

It looks like lunch on Wednesday is the resounding winner. We have a couple of possibilities lined up for lunch.

I will probably spend most of tomorrow afternoon bumming around Santa Monica, so if anyone else is around, PM me your number, and we can try to meet up.

Since I'm not sure when I'm going to get in tomorrow, I'll also just pass on dinner tomorrow.  A bummer, since the place sounded pretty good...

That being said, I'll see you all for lunch!  Do we want to convene somewhere and then head out from there?

There are a number of places within walking distance of the meeting.  The best value seems to be  the Black Fig--really good, five stars on Yelp and cheap ( with some vegetarian dishes for those who want it).  The other places around are probably double to quadruple the price (those places with  14 dollar burghers) in the  Art district.  The Black Fig is small so I'll  call ahead to see about seating.  (They said that they could accommodate a party of 8 during lunch, but that may have been "marketing".  )  A back-up could be Umami Burger, limited menu, with one or two veggie options.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-black-fig-los-angeles

The Black Fig

960 E 3rd St

Los Angeles,

Backup

http://www.yelp.com/biz/umami-burger-los-angeles-11

Umami Burger

738 E 3rd St

Los Angeles, CA

(Eat Drink Americano is good but really, really crowded at lunch)