FFH Dividend

StubbleJumper
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree, I think Prem will keep the dividend at $10 for the second consecutive year.  I wish he would eliminate it totally but I understand the justification behind it...

Thanks,

S

If history is any guide, FFH will announce its annual dividend on Tuesday.  How much are people thinking?  I'm saying $10 for the second consecutive year.

SJ

I wish they would keep the dividend low and not do private offerings at 355$ again!

If the shares were below 100$ a stock dividend would also make sense. It would much more tax efficient. At 400$ I believe there would be too much partial shares created.

They will have nice opportunities in Asia and they should keep their cash for it.

BeerBaron

The wisdom of crowds prevails.  The dividend fell into the range most frequently selected by voters ($10-$12).  Now I just need to decide what to do with the money in three weeks....

I think Prem looked at the voting and said..."Well, 29% voted for $5-$9.99 and 48.8% voted for $10-$11.99...Let's just split it up the middle and let the 48% have it...Ok John, we're gonna make it 10 bucks even!"  You think that's how it works up there?  ;D  Cheers!

$10 again this year. Sweet...

Darn, they should have raised it - even by a cent - just to stay on the radar of dividend growth investors.  Oh well.

That's probably why they left if at exactly $10 ... to avoid attracting new investors.  Who wants more investors?  New investors make it harder for the older investors to accumulate additional shares at good prices. 

By the way, we've been having this dividend vs. stock buyback vs. keeping the cash discussion for years. The dividend wins.

Partner, I have set up a macro to regurgitate this everytime someone starts up the debate again... ::)

I apologize in advance this starts up a heated debate... ;)

That's probably why they left if at exactly $10 ... to avoid attracting new investors.  Who wants more investors?  New investors make it harder for the older investors to accumulate additional shares at good prices. 

Instead one accumulates from other old investors?  :-\

should be no dividend , especially in a year when you raise 200 million at 355 a share and give that much out as dividend . why dillute earnings?

By the way, we've been having this dividend vs. stock buyback vs. keeping the cash discussion for years. The dividend wins.

have no problem with dividends in general.  but dont like in a year when you are issuing common and preferred to raise money.

thanks

Agree, but that's the Fairfax way and we can debate about that with 45 posts if you want to, it will not change anything.