Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Message Board

Parsad

I've gotten my internet service provider to move us onto their grid system, so you should see some improved performance in accessing the board.  Let me know if your experience has improved over the next couple of days, when compared to the past.  I know that sometimes the server was slow for some members.  Cheers!

Guest ValueCarl

That's exactly what I would have expected from a great financial steward, and partner!

One more question though, before you move this thread somewhere else.

Is the Level 3 network inside?  ;D

And all this time I have been wondering if the slow load times were something on my end!

Sanjeev, thanks for doing whatever you did to get this thing moving faster!

Likewise.  I had assumed that all the "server stopped responding" messages were merely excueses for ATT's poor network.  Many thanks Sanjeev. :)

It's paid for by the ads you guys all complain about!   ;D  Glad it's working faster.  Cheers!

Much faster, thanks.  But I'm willing to help pay for the site with cash donation if people choose to block your ads.  Microsoft's new enhancement to their browser:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2013616394_microsoftaddsdonottrackliststointernetexplorer9.html

The new tracking protection will allow anyone to create lists of websites users can permanently ignore. Those sites will not be able to send cookies or other tracking software to the user's computer.The sites have implications for online advertisers and website designers. Many websites that people visit include content from other websites that serve Web ads, for instance. By blocking those other websites, users could eliminate those ads on site they're visiting.

So, buh-bye doubleclick!!  I take it all I have to do is feed it this URL:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net

Much faster here in Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico, through my (I mean Carlos Slim's) TelMex connection. Kudos.

Bucerias? We were just in Narayit a month ago!  what a beautiful place.  The taxi driver on the way back told me that probably half of the population in Bucerias is Canadian.  He told me they are thrifty and they don't tip well!  Which makes sense seeing as there are value investors living down there! ;-)  Not sure if you're Canadian though  ;D

The site is running great Parsad. I notice that SMF (the forum software) is making some improvements also. I truly appreciate your dedication in running this site. It is an excellent ongoing conversation.

It's paid for by the ads you guys all complain about!   ;D  Glad it's working faster.  Cheers!

Much faster, thanks.  But I'm willing to help pay for the site with cash donation if people choose to block your ads.  Microsoft's new enhancement to their browser:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2013616394_microsoftaddsdonottrackliststointernetexplorer9.html

The new tracking protection will allow anyone to create lists of websites users can permanently ignore. Those sites will not be able to send cookies or other tracking software to the user's computer.The sites have implications for online advertisers and website designers. Many websites that people visit include content from other websites that serve Web ads, for instance. By blocking those other websites, users could eliminate those ads on site they're visiting.

So, buh-bye doubleclick!!  I take it all I have to do is feed it this URL:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net

Firefox has had similar technology available for 4+ years as a community add-on, and there is also a "filterset" available that will anticipate most advertising URLs. 44% of web users use Firefox now compared to 28% for IE, for reasons similar to this. Google Chrome (20% of browser market share) also offers this functionality.