Any Ben Graham video and/or audio out there?

ragnarisapirate

I was curious if anybody had any videos or audio recordings of stuff that Graham lectured on... If it already exists, it would be the sort of thing that would be great to listen to while running or driving.

I have an audio book of the Intelligent Investor, but, it is so cut up since you can't really read numbers and charts, that it became more of a 'don't do stupid things' book.

I think you'll get more value listening to audio lectures off of iTunes-U than an audio book version of Security Analysis.

Thanks Tariq, its definitely at the end of the que.

Speaking of lectures / interviews. The one with Einhorn on Wealthrack is pretty good .

I think you'll get more value listening to audio lectures off of iTunes-U than an audio book version of Security Analysis.

Do you have anything specific in mind? I am taking a long road trip over the holidays and would appreciate having some good lectures on my iPod. I often load it up with interviews from Youtube (or more recently with lectures from khanacademy.org , which is quite good).

Thanks - Pablo

Do you have anything specific in mind? I am taking a long road trip over the holidays and would appreciate having some good lectures on my iPod. I often load it up with interviews from Youtube (or more recently with lectures from khanacademy.org , which is quite good).

Thanks - Pablo

Robert Shiller's class at Yale has podcasts up which are nice.

I actually love the LSE Audio Lectures, the topics are varied and they follow the format of a speaker giving their lecture and then a Q&A portion. They get famous authors, businessmen, political leaders, it's pretty great.

Some of the Bloomberg audio podcasts are good as well, you can get insights into different industries with the Talking Stocks podcast, which has analysts discuss different industries/companies.

To me, one of the problems that some value investors run into is that they get a little too focused on Ben Graham and Buffett. After you have read enough of Buffett/Graham, it's time to move on and start focusing on learning what drives certain industries and then applying that knowledge in your valuations of individual companies.

So when you have passive time, where you are driving or commuting, I think it is best to take in information that will teach you about industries or specific companies. So I like to track down podcasts that are CEO interviews, industry-wide news (for example the FT has one focused on weekly news in the Financial Services biz), or talks with analysts.