Current market quotes and other live data in a spreadsheet

SmallCap

Does anyone here have the know how to place live current market data such as quotes and balance sheet data into a cell of a spreadsheet?

This can be either an offline spreadsheet such as Excel or an online one such as Google sheets.

I just want a place where I can enter in a symbol and then have additional cells with live constantly updating information that I can calculate from.

SmallCap

I do this all the time in GoogleDocs.  In the spreadsheet, just add the following function:

=GoogleFinance(D9, "price")

In cell D9 you put in whichever ticker symbol you like.  There are also a bunch of parameters other than "price" that you can query, which is convenient.  I just open up my spreadsheet at the morning bell, and it happily updates itself all day long.  ;D

SJ

StubbleJumper,

Thanks so much that was perfectly what I was looking for. I knew there was a simple solution buy my Google searches surprisingly turned up nothing of value.

Another question is where do I find the list of the other parameters that I can use?

SmallCap

StubbleJumper,

Thanks so much that was perfectly what I was looking for. I knew there was a simple solution buy my Google searches surprisingly turned up nothing of value.

Another question is where do I find the list of the other parameters that I can use?

SmallCap

I don't have a complete list of all the parameters available, but in my watch list, I have columns for ticker-symbol, "price", "high52", "low52", "eps", and "pe".  It's not an in depth analytical approach, but those five parameters enable me to keep an eye on the large caps to see whether a security might be heading in a direction where value could be present.

SJ

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the YF Quote function now for a little while and it has been very useful, thanks for pointing it out guys.

but now I am trying to figure out how to put quotes from options into a spreadsheet and for some reason the YF Quote function doesn't seem to work with option quotes.

Any ideas out there to get option quotes into a spreadsheet?

I have been using the YF Quote function now for a little while and it has been very useful, thanks for pointing it out guys.

but now I am trying to figure out how to put quotes from options into a spreadsheet and for some reason the YF Quote function doesn't seem to work with option quotes.

Any ideas out there to get option quotes into a spreadsheet?

Perhaps this message thread from the Motley Fool might help:

http://boards.fool.com/a-site-with-option-pricing-28843199.aspx?sort=whole#28843199

SJ

• 2 weeks later...