Geithner on Charlie Rose

txlaw

Yeah, I watched this interview earlier.  It was really good.  On certain topics Charlie Rose has really improved over time.  His interviews with buffett/gates improved a lot over time.  In turn, I think that made his business/finance interviews improve as well.  Also, his coverage/interviews of the politicians involved in the Middle East peace process is the most informative news source on tv by far.  I guess I have become a pretty big fan over the years.  It is one of the few news sources on tv that isnt "politicized"...

Totally agree, jjsto. 

If there's one job in the world I could have, it would probably be Charlie Rose's.  He gets to think about interesting topics and talk to interesting people, all without having to bow into the ratings pressure put on most other TV journalists. 

It's funny though -- I didn't even know about Charlie Rose until they started putting videos up online.  Now, I check the website every week to see if there are any conversations that he's had that I'm interested in.

I was slightly surprised to find myself coming away from watching that interview thinking that Geithner and company are not flying blind, and that they are actually doing about as well as can be expected despite the inevitable criticism from the masses. To say that this administration has a difficult job is an understatement.