Does anyone here subscribe to OID?

I've been thinking about getting a subscription. It looks like they'll only send out information when they have enough, good informatin. From what I can tell, it looks like they haven't sent out anything since March 2009. Are they still publishing? Are the articles worth the subscription price? Thanks for the help!

I find that the insights justify the cost.  they published a new issue a couple weeks ago

I check their website and, while it contains a lot of information, the last excerpt was from March 2009. Thanks very much for the insight. I've been sitting on the fence for a while, but you just put me over! Is there a referral or anything that I can do for you?

I did not realize it but I went back to my old copies as saw that my first issue was back in '94. Wow, did not realize it had been that long.

Your question is it worth it - Sure is from my viewpoint.

After a spell of family health issues, the healing now appears to be progressing and Henry Emerson states it is good to be back in the saddle.

Cheers

JEast

OID was what brought me to FFH and eventually this board. I can say that it was well worth the investment.

Same here.  There was a comprehensive write up on FFH around 2000 I think, with much discussion by Mason Hawkins and crew and maybe Bruce Berkowitz, if I'm not mistaken.  When the stock tanked in 2003 after their NYSE admission, we made our first buy the week after it hit its low point.  :)

I subscribed to OID maybe five years ago. I mailed in my check and and anxiously awaited my first issue. After about six weeks I noticed my check hadn't cleared. I called the company's phone number and explained my situation to the fellow who answered the phone. He told me not to worry, he had my check but hadn't had time to cash it. Turns out the fellow who answered phone was Henry Emerson, the editor and publisher. This story is the company in a nutshell. I didn't get my first issue until 12 months later and subsequent issues have come out very sporadically. That being said, each issue is truly outstanding and worth the wait.., kind of like getting an unexpected Christmas present. Emerson personally signs each issue as if he is sending you a personal copy. As a side note, he recently lost his wife and mother. He wrote a heartfelt tribute to both in the most recent edition. I don't know the guy but it almost brought me to tears reading it.

I subscribed to OID maybe five years ago. I mailed in my check and and anxiously awaited my first issue. After about six weeks I noticed my check hadn't cleared. I called the company's phone number and explained my situation to the fellow who answered the phone. He told me not to worry, he had my check but hadn't had time to cash it. Turns out the fellow who answered phone was Henry Emerson, the editor and publisher. This story is the company in a nutshell. I didn't get my first issue until 12 months later and subsequent issues have come out very sporadically. That being said, each issue is truly outstanding and worth the wait.., kind of like getting an unexpected Christmas present. Emerson personally signs each issue as if he is sending you a personal copy. As a side note, he recently lost his wife and mother. He wrote a heartfelt tribute to both in the most recent edition. I don't know the guy but it almost brought me to tears reading it.

It's sad to hear of his great loss.

If one has read most of BRK's Chairman's letters, please note that WEB cites OID more than all other sources put together.

• 5 weeks later...

I placed my order about a month ago, and my card has not been charged. I called them about a week after I placed my order and the lady said their was a backlog...but didn't know how long it would take. Any idea how long this will take?

I placed my order about a month ago, and my card has not been charged. I called them about a week after I placed my order and the lady said their was a backlog...but didn't know how long it would take. Any idea how long this will take?

Generally not more than six to twelve months.  But well worth the wait.  You might ask them to send you the issue that went out a few weeks ago if they have extra copies.  :)