Fairfax Renews Course Issuer Bid

Nnejad

I am a little confused.

The 2010 Q2 states that the ''Number of shares outstanding

Common stock effectively outstanding – end of period . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20,546,935''

The press release states ''As at September 14, 2010, Fairfax had 19,927,389 outstanding subordinate voting shares'' & ''Fairfax has purchased 323,500 of its subordinate voting shares''

Simple Math

Since the end of Q2 the share count has dropped by 619,546.  What happened to the other 296,046 shares?

I am a little confused.

The 2010 Q2 states that the ''Number of shares outstanding

Common stock effectively outstanding – end of period . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20,546,935''

The press release states ''As at September 14, 2010, Fairfax had 19,927,389 outstanding subordinate voting shares'' & ''Fairfax has purchased 323,500 of its subordinate voting shares''

Simple Math

Since the end of Q2 the share count has dropped by 619,546.  What happened to the other 296,046 shares?

Page 4 of the 2010 Q2 report states the following:

Subordinate voting shares – end of period . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19,798,165

Multiple voting shares – beginning and end of period . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,548,000

Interest in shares held through ownership interest in shareholder – beginning and end of period . . . . . . . . . (799,230)

Common stock effectively outstanding – end of period . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20,546,935

So my question is "Where did the extra 129,224 shares come from?". Was there an issuance after the end of Q2?