Sanjeev RRGB Average Cost Per Share?

wescobrk

Hi Sanjeev,

This goes to anyone else that cares to comment that owns RRGB. I did my own research and found the cash flow to market price very compelling. Of course there are several reasons beyond that, multiple hedge funds, possibility of a sale, large margin improvement, still small enough for more restaurants down the road and others.

If you don't mind Sanjeev, do you mind what if I ask what you average cost is?

I bought at a relatively high price today of $17.92. Just wondering if I got in below the master?

I intend to dollar cost average in my 401k for the foreseeable future if it remains around this price level.

Yup, you definitely did.  Our average cost is $18.48.  We started buying at $19.50, and bought a whole bunch at $17.22 on June 8th.  Everytime it's gone below $18, we've nibbled a bit more to bring our average cost down.  Cheers!

• 2 months later...

No, it had more to do with the quarterly loss caused by transition expenses, asset impairments and higher operating and advertising costs.  Same store sales showed some recovery, which is a good thing, and they continue to pay down some debt.  Cheers!

They generate decent cash flow relative to their market cap.

I trust cash flow more than "accounting impairment charges".  The classic example of this is in the oil industry, when impairments occur when prices drop?  But interestly, there are provisions to write down assets (intangibles/goodwill/etc.) but not to write up.