Berkshire Emerges From Recession...

Parsad

Thanks Sanjeev! Apparently, attacks against Sokol (noted below) are launched from Alice Schroeder website. I am surprised how Alice has transitioned - from being a promising analyst that got insurance right to Warren biographer to BRK basher.

Rumors and anonymous charges against Mr. Sokol may continue, but Berkshire Hathaway shareholders are already benefiting from the dramatic restructuring he has put in place, apparently with none of the dire consequences for customer satisfaction that were predicted by former employees.

That's funny, are the medias going to talk about those derivatives until they expire? Geesh, everybody knows there is some puts and we have no idea of their real impact until at least 2015 why do "competent journalists" still give bearish news about those.

Thanks Parsad, I love the article. Future looks great for BRK...

BeerBaron

Thanks Sanjeev! Apparently, attacks against Sokol (noted below) are launched from Alice Schroeder website. I am surprised how Alice has transitioned - from being a promising analyst that got insurance right to Warren biographer to BRK basher.

Yes, Alice's blog often reeks of a spurned or spiteful former Buffett acolyte.  I'm not particularly interested in anything she has to say anymore.  There were portions of The Snowball that were thoroughly enjoyable, and as I mentioned in the past, vast portions that also really had no relevance nor the context in which she tried to relate the certain events.  I heard her speak in Vancouver and it was the same rehash of Buffett's insecurities and neediness.  Not sure why she has this insatiable need to do this, but I've become very put off by it.

She's apparently researching what is happening at Netjets under Sokol's management and may or may not write about it.  Not sure what she'll find...perhaps how a money-losing business for over a decade, with a stellar customer service and safety record, is now actually a profitable business with a stellar customer service and safety record!  Cheers!

She's apparently researching what is happening at Netjets under Sokol's management and may or may not write about it.  Not sure what she'll find...perhaps how a money-losing business for over a decade, with a stellar customer service and safety record, is now actually a profitable business with a stellar customer service and safety record!  Cheers!

as a "spurned or spiteful former Buffett acolyte", which i agree, she totally reeks of, she will probably only write about it if netjets trips & stumbles...any thing less would probably not suit her. hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Guest Bronco

Who cares about Alice? 

Where will I spend my time, following the greatest business mind in world history or an author?

I didn't even finish the snowball.  I think Roger Lowenstein's book was excellent by the way.

The media continues to focus on brk's derivatives, missing the boat as usual. I didn't know bekshire was getting killed in the recession.  I thought they were cleaning up.