PHP Vulnerability

Parsad

Hi Folks,

The site was down temporarily, but it has been fixed.  According to my internet service provider, there was a vulnerability in the PHP scripting code that the site runs on, and a malicious code was inserted directly into the files.  It wasn't only our site, but thousands of sites that were under attack due to the weakness in PHP itself.  The malicious code itself doesn't do any harm to your computers, but only redirects the user.  The code was removed by my ISP, and the system is fine.  If you feel unsure, then I would suggest that users run their normal anti-virus scans, but there was no virus present.  Thanks very much!

Sanjeev

Hi Folks,

The site was down temporarily, but it has been fixed.  According to my internet service provider, there was a vulnerability in the PHP scripting code that the site runs on, and a malicious code was inserted directly into the files.  It wasn't only our site, but thousands of sites that were under attack due to the weakness in PHP itself.  The malicious code itself doesn't do any harm to your computers, but only redirects the user.  The code was removed by my ISP, and the system is fine.  If you feel unsure, then I would suggest that users run their normal anti-virus scans, but there was no virus present.  Thanks very much!

Sanjeev

Thank you, Sanjeev, for all you do to keep the very best investing site running well.  :)