Hacked Again!

Parsad

What a fine coincidence that we've been hacked twice in a week!  We've never had such a problem in a year and a half, and now suddenly twice in a week.  What are the odds of that?  ;D  Being a Fairfax shareholder, I'm not one who bows down to coincidence in such cases.  Anyway, I've finally got it up and running today.  I apologize for the site being down, but hey it's just a coincidence!  Cheers!

Twas not I - I couldnt even remember my password to get in here again.

I need some hacking abilities.

No kidding.  I have two pages of a log book dedicated to passwords alone.  And I thought it was fun as a kid to have a secret password...... Well its not fun when your over 40.  :-). 

No kidding.  I have two pages of a log book dedicated to passwords alone.  And I thought it was fun as a kid to have a secret password...... Well its not fun when your over 40.  :-). 

Just wait until you are just south of 70, it doesn't get easier.

No kidding.  I have two pages of a log book dedicated to passwords alone.  And I thought it was fun as a kid to have a secret password...... Well its not fun when your over 40.  :-).  

Just wait until you are just south of 70, it doesn't get easier.

haha,

I keep mine in spreadsheet (prob not the best idea)with a password (I know not fool proof) i just need to keep it backed up. I used to have a hard copy log book but not sure what happened to that :o

I didnty  have this one in there. :-[

I used to have a hard copy log book but not sure what happened to that :o

oh, did you want that password book back? ;D

Actually, I use and recommend the open source password database, passwordSafe

http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

It is also recommended by Bruce Schneier, one of the primary experts on cryptography and security.

It does not do anything fancy. You have a master password to open the application, and then you can add new password, delete them, or view your existing passwords.  I find it very helpful to have a single location to store the passwords to obscure accounts we collect over the years.  It does not integrate with the web browser or autofill your passwords for you--and I think it is more secure than those that do.