Morgan Stanley Property Fund To Lose 61% Of Value!

Parsad

Its amazing that anyone trusts these people to run their money esp insurance companies.  Imagine if Hamblin Watsa was running Allstate's 99 billion dollar portfolio...instead they invest at 3-4% while exposing their shareholders to huge swings.  Simply amazing. 

Goldman Sachs leveraged real estate fund, Whitehall Street International, lost 98 cents on the dollar for investors.  Another round of applause for the titans of Wall Street!  At least Goldman lost the most in the fund.  Cheers!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36591654

Parsad, Given the latest Goldman news I think it naive to think Goldman lost the most on this deal they may in fact have lost far less because some other arm was taking another position.. Goldman in their statement stated they lost 90 million on the Ababcus deal .... did they.... I will bet that they used the information which they had that RBS had sold some of the CDS to  get short RBS when a firm has so many positions it can be very difficult to tease out what their exposure is. I have learned that you can almost always tell when an investment banker is lying.... his lips are moving.