Barclay's on BRK

dcollon

Thank you for sharing.

Although the author has put together a bunch of data together, I think the author goes wrong in trying to come up with a model to predict berkshire's earnings. He misses the boat in many areas which is fine.

I think Alice Schroeders valuation was much better though it is much dated.

Guest longinvestor

Thank you for sharing.

Although the author has put together a bunch of data together, I think the author goes wrong in trying to come up with a model to predict berkshire's earnings. He misses the boat in many areas which is fine.

Fully expect many such analyses to be published, now that BRK is part of the S&P. Surely this is a new phase of  BRK ownership experience for old timers. Who knows, the newcomers are about to prove that efficient market theory works with BRK, as it always has for the rest of the market. ;D

Guest Bronco

Here is my 2 cents on BRK:

Positives: 1) Warren Buffett 2) Great collection of assets with HUGE free cash flow.  The cash from the preferreds shares alone is awesome.  3) Best Balance sheet this side of Apple (don't even know what this means, but sounds good).

Negatives: 1) Law of big numbers 2) Valuation - it may be fairly priced but ain't the bargain it was at $80,000+, and 3) Buffett - if he leaves, what impact will it have on the stock/business/capital allocation.

I think BRK belongs in a portfolio for sure, and I love the business, but I prefer Loews because of the current valuations.  Similar styles in terms of keeping enough in reserves and being able to sleep at night.  I view BRK as more sophisticated in making decisions, but the Tisch's are no slouches either. 

Saw an article on LUK by Sham Gad - I like LUK but as I mentioned in the past, I get excited closer to $20 - $15.

Good luck to all.