The Psychology of Money - Morgan Housel

John Hjorth

The subtitle of the book is : "Timeless lessons on Wealth, Greed and Happiness".

The subtitle says it all. The book is covering 19 short stories, covering concepts about human behavior and rationality [, or lack thereoff] related to money. Many of those concepts are one way or an other covered or touched during the activity here on CoBF about every day.

It's very well written.

I have really enjoyed reading the book.

Edited by John Hjorth

• John Hjorth changed the title to The Psychology of Money - Morgan Housel

I enjoyed this book also.  It isn't your usual finance book but it's got some thought provoking reframing of common attitudes.  It's not so much a "how-to" book as a "think about why" book.  It reminds me of Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin, but with less emphasis on F.I.R.E. stuff. 

1 hour ago, thowed said:

Personally, I have hugely enjoyed some of his blog entries, but found the book disappointing - I didn't find the narrative structure worked for the duration.

I appreciate I am in a tiny minority!

I hear you, @thowed,

Parts of the book are likely to most active CoBF members a bit trivial, I think. Yeah, likely you are a minority being disappointed, - I don't recall where I saw it, but Harriman House sale of this book has now exceeded 3 million copies. That's a lot!

19 minutes ago, Saluki said:

I enjoyed this book also.  It isn't your usual finance book but it's got some thought provoking reframing of common attitudes.  It's not so much a "how-to" book as a "think about why" book.  It reminds me of Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin, but with less emphasis on F.I.R.E. stuff. 

Thank you, @Saluki,

To me, The above is just so true, nailing it. Thanks for the recommendation.

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 3:45 PM, John Hjorth said:

Off topic, and then - after all - not at all,

New book from Morgan Housel on its way to its audience - as I understand things, it is set to be published later this year :

Really looking forward to this one!  

Edited by MMM20

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...