Welcome!

Parsad

Dear Guests and Members,

Welcome to the "Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax" Investment Forum.  This message board replaces the old "MSN Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Board" that served nearly 1,800 members from February 2002 to February 2009!

The original forum was started simply as a gathering place for me and a few friends to discuss Berkshire Hathaway.  It slowly grew to encompass "deep-discount, margin of safety" value investors from virtually every region of the world.  The board also became a haven for shareholders of Canadian property-casualty insurer Fairfax Financial.  As such, I decided to name it after the imaginary intersecting streets where we would all meet - at the corner of Berkshire and Fairfax!

The new board has some terrific new features.  Please fiddle with your own personal settings and explore every facet.  If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me at sanjeevparsad@shaw.ca .  I hope you find this board tremendously useful, and are fortunate enough to make some wonderful new friends. 

Sincerely,

Sanjeev Parsad

Founder and Administrator

Thanks folks!  It's a very easy to use site, that has some decent features and meets our needs.  In regards to the question about discussions being under "General Discussion", that would probably be the easiest and cleanest way to keep the board operating.  Feel free to title your post whatever you want, but let's keep it under General Discussion.  Once everybody starts using the board, a natural flow will evolve and at that point the board may expand into other folders.  Cheers!

its feeling like home already here. nice work, sanjeev.

but is there ant way to choose between a sequential & a threaded view?

Unfortunately, there is no way to choose between a sequential & a threaded view at this time.  There always updates to the software, so we may have that ability in the future.  Cheers!

Thanks folks!  It's a very easy to use site, that has some decent features and meets our needs.  In regards to the question about discussions being under "General Discussion", that would probably be the easiest and cleanest way to keep the board operating.  Feel free to title your post whatever you want, but let's keep it under General Discussion.  Once everybody starts using the board, a natural flow will evolve and at that point the board may expand into other folders.  Cheers!

A few interface things which will take some getting used to aside, this seems like a reasonable forum, and it was easy to set up email notifications and such.  Also, I second your plan for the determination of other folders coming down the line.