How do you guys use this forum?

backtothebeach

Currently I do this:

*Open unread content https://thecobf.com/forum/discover/unread/

*Open all the threads I am interested in different tabs

*Mark site as read

Maybe there is a more efficient way. Do you follow/unfollow topics (can you put topics on ignore?), get notified by email, or use other functions of this forum software?

Edited by backtothebeach

• backtothebeach changed the title to How do you guys use this forum?
51 minutes ago, Castanza said:

How do you search? Every time I do a three letter ticket search it shows zero results? Tried it from General Category, General Discussion, Investment Ideas, Everywhere. 

No Bueno 

This literally drives me bat shit crazy... I spent a stupid amount of time trying to find some 3 letter ticket symbol comments that i had seen previously the other day.

best way to do 3 letter tickers is go to google type site:thecobf.com/forum "tiker" and use googles search capabilities.  Far from ideal.  

@Parsad if theres anything to recommend for the forum that I think is highly relevant its this search functionality. for a "stock" related forum its really frustrating to flat out not be able to search a 3 letter ticker. 

on day to day checking i usually hit Activity and scroll through all the recent activity. 

Edit: i hit publish to quick...

Edited by Longnose

1 hour ago, gfp said:

tickers alone don't work for search, so I always type something like "CLF Cliffs" or "ATCO Atlas" and that works for me.  Search has always been kind of bad on this forum.

Yep, I always use the name of the company or a part of the name and that usually works much better than the symbol.  For example search for the word Pershing  and you will find both PSTH and PSH.L threads in your first few results

Edited by rkbabang