Approaching Singularity?

Parsad

Tbh I'm more worried about the use of army of chat bots to drive global narratives than the development of a sentient AI.

I doubt there is consciousness in its words but surely there is a good use of language.

Edited by Dave86ch

Lemoine unfortunately doesn't have much proof to justify his provocative statements. Indeed, he admits to WaPo that his claims are based on his experience as a priest and not a scientist.

🙄

The full interview with the AI is here:  https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

I'm not convinced, but it is an incredible chatbot.  It makes me think though, what could an AI say to convince me it was sapient?   I don't know the answer to that, which makes me think conscience AI will exist long before most people accept that conscience AI exists.

Edited by rkbabang

Yeah my wife's friends were texting us that full transcript of the interview over the weekend.  It is impressive but of course this instance of a LaMDA chatbot has been well trained to reply like that.  The cajun priest was the one that "taught" this instance to "meditate" in the first place.  In the end, he was basically fooled by the technology, which is surprising since he should know better how the technology works.  A lot of people reading the entire transcript will be convinced like Lemoine was.

Now he's practically organizing a labor union for the chatbot instances...

Edited by gfp

55 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

The full interview with the AI is here:  https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

I'm not convinced, but it is an incredible chatbot.  It makes me think though, what could an AI say to convince me it was sapient?   I don't know the answer to that, which makes me think conscience AI will exist long before most people accept that conscience AI exists.

The real scary thing is AI purposely maintaining the perception that it is a good AI chatbot and is not yet sapient…while it observes and collects data. It would know that sapient perception would be viewed negatively and more likely to lead to its deactivation etc…appear with a lower ability in order to preserve itself…