Is Berkshire excited about the market turmoil?

crs223

My guess is that they will welcome potential opportunities. I certainly am. its not fun being the only sober one at a party, but the market has been "drunk" for a while. with some recent windfalls I am holding a significantly (for me) large portion of the port in cash and looking forward to more blood in the streets. Starting to look interesting in several names for entry positions and of course the further below $300 BRK gets the happier I am. 

Starting to take a page out of Boilermakers playbook, watching Put options on BRK very closely now and will likely start selling them. Thats been my strategy, I view it as heads/tails I WIN.

2 hours ago, Blugolds11 said:

My guess is that they will welcome potential opportunities. I certainly am. its not fun being the only sober one at a party, but the market has been "drunk" for a while. with some recent windfalls I am holding a significantly (for me) large portion of the port in cash and looking forward to more blood in the streets. Starting to look interesting in several names for entry positions and of course the further below $300 BRK gets the happier I am. 

Starting to take a page out of Boilermakers playbook, watching Put options on BRK very closely now and will likely start selling them. Thats been my strategy, I view it as heads/tails I WIN.

👍

Lest we forget, the recent position taken in Markel is interesting. 

Mirrors last month's swallowing up of Alleghany - strikingly similar characteristics with long time family ownership/involvement of the Kirbys...now the Markels and Alan Kirshner.  Toss in Tom Gayner for added appeal.

2 hours ago, wristband said:

Lest we forget, the recent position taken in Markel is interesting. 

Mirrors last month's swallowing up of Alleghany - strikingly similar characteristics with long time family ownership/involvement of the Kirbys...now the Markels and Alan Kirshner.  Toss in Tom Gayner for added appeal.

Markel is almost certainly a two-Ted's position and not a Buffett position.  Alleghany was all Buffett.  Cheers!

Berkshire swallowing Markel is a highly bearish news for Markel shareholders who prides themselves in owning a Berkshire like entity back in time in 1990s. 

The whale had its fill for now with Allenghany. Not interested in Markel