Anyone watching VXX?

Gregmal

Every once in a while these products start going haywire and it can end spectacularly. Anyone seeing this with VXX? Totally ripping and detached from the underlying VIX futures right now. Similar to USO a while ago and the infamous XIV. Might be a trade in here somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

What you mean?

I might be mistaken but I thought you were 50% cash/or cash like? I should have put 50% cash instead of stock though!

9 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

I might be mistaken but I thought you were 50% cash/or cash like? I should have put 50% cash instead of stock though!

LOL like a half dozen people misinterpreted what I wrote. I remember that. About -50% cash meant 1.5x margin. Which was actually a tad higher but 50% I used just quick half assed response. So 50% cash is what you thought I meant. -50% means I’m using margin.

That said, as was the case earlier in the year when I said it, a huge chunk of that is cash substitutes. For instance when APTS and PSTH get exchanged I may for the first time in my life actually be “net cash”. Although I’m working on reverse exchanging those dollars lol. Getting to be a lot of decent investments around IMO.

26 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

LOL like a half dozen people misinterpreted what I wrote. I remember that. About -50% cash meant 1.5x margin. Which was actually a tad higher but 50% I used just quick half assed response. So 50% cash is what you thought I meant. -50% means I’m using margin.

That said, as was the case earlier in the year when I said it, a huge chunk of that is cash substitutes. For instance when APTS and PSTH get exchanged I may for the first time in my life actually be “net cash”. Although I’m working on reverse exchanging those dollars lol. Getting to be a lot of decent investments around IMO.

Ahh that makes more sense. I was kind of shocked when you said you had that much cash because you use margin so often. I'm pretty aggressive (compared to most anyway) but it was like "dang, I can't believe I'm more aggressive than Greg!".