Jim Cramer stock calls

Spekulatius

2 hours ago, ValueArb said:

The man who said Cathie Woods is a genius and Elizabeth Holmes is the next Steve Jobs.

I admit I'm being unfair, he has a lot of time to fill and is just an entertainer. Any true value investor replacing him would get a rating of zero.

I used to watch his show years ago and it was entertaining at times. Even back then his recommendations were quite bad on average. I think a show where people bet on stocks could be interesting but I am not sure what right format would be.

On another note, I have not heard anything about Dave “Daytrader” Portney for a while - is he back to sport betting?

Edited by Spekulatius

I watched his interviews with CEOs all the time. More for what CEOs say than what he says. Still I think he brings in value.

At the end, it is a show.

I think there one element that is missing in Jim Cramer shows. He only talks about buy and sell. What he should comment on is position sizing.

It’s a show. His general advice is pretty good for what it is. I’ve found few fundamentally better than “there’s always a bull market somewhere”. Met him before too…really nice down to earth guy. But the rest is just tv rubbish and especially his individual stock picks. 

I give him credit for identifying the FANG stocks back in 2013 and adding Apple in 2017.

“Put money to work in the companies that represent the future,” he said. “Put money to work in companies that are totally dominant in their markets, and put money to work in stocks that have serious momentum.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2013/02/05/cramer-does-your-portfolio-have-fangs.html

Heeding that call would have paid off pretty well...

On 1/31/2022 at 7:28 PM, Spekulatius said:

I used to watch his show years ago and it was entertaining at times. Even back then his recommendations were quite bad on average. I think a show where people bet on stocks could be interesting but I am not sure what right format would be.

On another note, I have not heard anything about Dave “Daytrader” Portney for a while - is he back to sport betting?

Davey Daytrader was WAY more entertaining! 😂

He recently bought a $1,000,000 of Bitcoin after giving up on it earlier in the year. Fingers crossed it works out for him. 

2 hours ago, TwoCitiesCapital said:

He recently bought a $1,000,000 of Bitcoin after giving up on it earlier in the year. Fingers crossed it works out for him. 

Crypto enthusiasts have to wonder if this signals the end.

1 hour ago, ValueArb said:

Crypto enthusiasts have to wonder if this signals the end.

It's not the first time he's entered the trade so doubtful if it's useful as a topping indicator. I can't remember if he made money, or lost it, the first time but basically he said he couldn't handle the volatility and was out pretty quick. 

Probably was useful the first time he entered to temporarily signal pain in the market. But now? Supposedly buying for a long-term hold after it's fallen by 50+%? Doesn't have the same topping pattern ring to it. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, mcliu said:

LOL about time, Inverse Cramer will be a real winner. 
Someone also needs to make a Nancy Pelosi ETF.

image.thumb.png.1001dd17e9f663a95e2416af1860c838.png

Looks like you're not in the loop, there will be two congressional ETFs, NANC and CRUZ. Really excited, I have unlocked the secret to 'Alpha' with this, Inverse Cramer and these two ETFs are enough. Soon, I'll beat Michael Platt in returns.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/congressional-stock-trading-could-soon-be-tracked/

https://nypost.com/2022/10/13/cnbcs-jim-cramer-rips-clowns-who-bought-stocks-before-inflation-report/

I’ll just quota Sanjeev. Monkeys pick bottoms. The ramification of ONE CPI report on one’s lifetime investing decisions is absurdly meaningless. Irrelevant. What they did today or tomorrow or next week is pretty meaningless too. Fuck this guy fostering all these fake WS money scheme narratives.

Pretty sure I stand alone on this - but I love Cramer. (Even though I agree with most of the criticism). 

He has an impossible job.....daily picks, daily commentary, daily need to be fluent on the basics of hundreds of companies. Imagine of you were asked to do his job!  If you can detach yourself from his advice, he's quite likeable, and funny, in my opinion.

But then I'm a sentimental fool. I still miss Mark Haynes.

4 hours ago, Libs said:

Pretty sure I stand alone on this - but I love Cramer. (Even though I agree with most of the criticism). 

He has an impossible job.....daily picks, daily commentary, daily need to be fluent on the basics of hundreds of companies. Imagine of you were asked to do his job!  If you can detach yourself from his advice, he's quite likeable, and funny, in my opinion.

I like Cramer too.  His CNBC interview on the financial crisis is one of the greatest things on television.  He also has made his fair share of decent calls.  However, there is something uncanny about this timing, he seems to say things near the top and bottoms lol

4 hours ago, Libs said:

I miss Paul Kangas and Louis Rukeyser.

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, TwoCitiesCapital said:

Holy crap, did Dave Portney really lose all $1.1M in BTC because he bought it at FTX?