Free ValueLine Tool

BG2008

Interesting idea.  Wonder where it's pulling data from . . . a lot of it seems inaccurate.  As a subscriber I cross-referenced it against ValueLine for a few tickers and a lot of the numbers were different.  And I don't mean a little bit different -- because ValueLine does their own normalizations and adjustments -- I mean different in a way that didn't make sense.  Although some numbers like debt and sales seemed to match . . . but earnings numbers were significantly different. 

Also it didn't render certain years when I looked at JNJ although it did render all years for the others ones I looked at.

Also, one little thing it doesn't have that ValueLine does is the pension plan funding level.  I like that for when I'm calculating the corporate liabilities.

Looks like a good free resource . . . if you could trust the earnings numbers.

Thanks for the feedback.  I am not the people building the services.  I just happened to find it and it will save me $1,000 a year or whatever it cost to use ValueLine.  It loads quickly (faster than NY Public library) and is meant as a quick glance.  When you wind up investing, you'll have to check the actual filings anyway.  So good enough for me. 

10 minutes ago, BG2008 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I am not the people building the services.  I just happened to find it and it will save me $1,000 a year or whatever it cost to use ValueLine.  It loads quickly (faster than NY Public library) and is meant as a quick glance.  When you wind up investing, you'll have to check the actual filings anyway.  So good enough for me. 

I found TiKR.com to be fairly reliable. They supposedly pull data from SP Netadvantage. I was aware of the ROIC website via Twitter but have rarely used it. I prefer the Tikr.com format.

15 minutes ago, CapLab3 said:

If you are interested in ValueLine, a lot of public libraries give you access to it for free (or the cost of library card). Agree you should still cross reference with the actual filings.

Yeah, but you need to log in and it's an extra step 

• 3 months later...

Anyone know what happened to Value Line Inc's stock (VALU)? It has more than doubled since Oct 2021... Seems like a great business, even if it's not growing.

Maybe it was this tweet that resurrected the stock from the dead, posted by someone on Twitter who is "exposing bad companies"😞

image.thumb.png.c3cda53c0e94aae996766a63568fd29b.png

image.png.2fa6a3d33ff86b8bf3c1d179a4752528.png

Edited by formthirteen

4 hours ago, formthirteen said:

Anyone know what happened to Value Line Inc's stock (VALU)? It has more than doubled since Oct 2021... Seems like a great business, even if it's not growing.

Maybe it was this tweet that resurrected the stock from the dead, posted by someone on Twitter who is "exposing bad companies"😞

image.thumb.png.c3cda53c0e94aae996766a63568fd29b.png

image.png.2fa6a3d33ff86b8bf3c1d179a4752528.png

Still not a great business, but he ignored the cash and that they have stable customers (mainly libraries). Now it is pretty highly valued, but around 20 it was cheap

Thanks. FCF margins of 40.5% is great, but there are things that are not that great:

During the twelve months ended April 30, 2021, 31.6% of total publishing revenues of $40,392,000 were derived from a single customer. During the twelve months ended April 30, 2020, 31.4% of total publishing revenues of $40,299,000 were derived from a single customer. During the twelve months ended April 30, 2019, 20.5% of total publishing revenues of $36,257,000 were derived from a single customer.

• 1 year later...