What are you listening to ? (Music thread)

Spekulatius

• 2 weeks later...

40 years ago I was 19. If someone would have told me back then that 40 years from now I'd be digging on Mongolian heavy metal, I'd never have believed it. But, oddly enough, here we are.

Saw this band live with my son and a buddy of his and had an absolute blast. Does not matter that it's not English... 

-Crip

Edited by Crip1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite videos of the three Gods...Page, Beck and Clapton...only thing missing was Hendrix!  Page is at a whole other level, but shows how amazing those guys are/were.  The different style and sound each had...the respect for one another!  Cheers!

Been listening to this in between football games all weekend!  If you like alternative rock, you are going to love this album. 

The first great album of 2023!  Shimmering guitars, great vocals, melancholy and spirited at the same time.  Just wonderful!  Cheers!

"Derealised" by Jadu Heart

https://floodmagazine.com/124543/jadu-heart-derealised/

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of went a little but down a Frank Zappa trip and really started to dig it. Zappa was what the Inteligentsia was listening to in the late 70‘s and I never really understood what it’s about.

I did watch a documentary about him and then it became clear to me that he is more of a composer than a R&R musician. I like the mid 70‘s period the most - Aprostrophe, Overnite Sensation, One size fits all, Hot rats…

Or the greatest album title ever “Sheik Yerbouti” (especially considering it was released in 1979).

Edited by Spekulatius