What are you listening to ? (Music thread)

Spekulatius

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Morgan Wallen's 'Dangerous: The Double Album'. English is not my first language, all I ask from music is nice songwriting. And in an age where most songs are just curse words with autotune where the singer sounds dead, most of the album is a breath of fresh air. 

865, Somebody's Problem, More Than My Hometown, Outlaw, Bandaid On A Bullet Hole, Sand In My Boots, More Surprised Than Me, Warning, Neon Eyes, Wonderin' Bout The Wind, Cover Me Up, 7 Summers, Still Going Down, Me On Whiskey. Heartless, Livin' The Dream, Quittin' Time.

The first four are just..

On 7/24/2022 at 2:23 PM, Spekulatius said:

I am enjoying these guys (Blink - 182) more than I thought. Their records around 2000 (Dude ranch, enema, Take of your pants and jacket)  are the best, Imo:

Punk rock/ pop, fun, simple and pure.

Spek, there was an excellent Germany Gypsy female singer in the 1950s-1970s.  I think her first name starts with D, that's all I know, I once heard her on the radio in a small town on the Rhine a dozen years ago.   Do you by chance know the name? Thank yo.

2 hours ago, Dinar said:

Spek, there was an excellent Germany Gypsy female singer in the 1950s-1970s.  I think her first name starts with D, that's all I know, I once heard her on the radio in a small town on the Rhine a dozen years ago.   Do you by chance know the name? Thank yo.

Might have been Alexandra.  Her first name is Doris. She was not really Gypsi though and passed away in 1969.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_(singer)

At that time many musicians in Germany had foreign names for added mystique.

33 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

That guys has a good grove. Anchor steam for breakfast…

I saw him last year, live at Avondale Brewery in Birmingham. I got right up front. What he does is insanely difficult. It's all on the spot improv. He has a huge arsenal of licks and harmonies to dip into.

He's the reason I started using a Boss RC-505 looper.

Long live the LoopDaddy!

Edited by DooDiligence

Hijo de la Luna

I found this one because it showed up in my YouTube feed. I have been searching for this ballad before with the key word “Luna” and Spanish ballad etc but never found it. Then it randomly showed up in my YouTube feed and I knew it when I saw it. Either coincidence or the YouTube AI gets scary good.

One of the great ballad thongs of the 80’s. Show is vintage 80’s style synthies and tight black dress and all.

Edited by Spekulatius

5 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Hijo de la Luna

I found this one because it showed up in my YouTube feed. I have been searching for this ballad before with the key word “Luna” and Spanish ballad etc but never found it. Then it randomly showed up in my YouTube feed and I knew it when I saw it. Either coincidence or the YouTube AI gets scary good.

One of the great ballad thongs of the 80’s. Show is vintage 80’s style synthies and tight black dress and all.

Try this version: https://youtu.be/aon40XWsRwU