Politics Section

BroKon

Is there any chance we can bring the Politics section back, I personally never read or participated in it, but at least it was a vehicle for those that wanted to debate the intersection of politics and investing, or just debate politics itself. I am sure it got pretty toxic at times, but the benefit was that the politics was kept out of the investment ideas forum. Now we have a situation where for example the BABA thread has effectively been hijacked to cover a myriad of political issues. I am not claiming these issues are not relevant to the investment case, of course they are, but they are are not solely relavant to Alibaba, and it would be much more useful if the bulls and bears could discuss the fundamentals of Alibaba and its valuation in the investment ideas forum, and the CCP and VIE structure were discussed and debated in another forum.

Politics forum is still active...have to go to the home page and select FORUM and then you have the option of the Investment Forum or Politics Forum. 

I havent looked at the Politics Forum since it was moved. I was glad it moved. A couple of mentions of CCP/VIE in the BABA thread is very mild compared to how politics had infiltrated normal threads previously.

2 hours ago, tede02 said:

Keep the poison of politics sequestered from the rest of the forums as it is. 

Yeah, I like it just like it is. It prevent too much sewage from seeping over. I have not posted in the politics section since it moved as far as I remember. I occasionally take a look there but just reading the posts compels me to stay away.

There is an occasional politic slant here every once in a while but they peter  out quickly unlike before, and that’s how it should be.

I think it is fine as is. 

With regard to the BABA stuff, well, if you dont want any inkling of politics dont invest in politically charged investments LOL. Or invest in them, but then dont follow them. There has always been a huge and highly acceptable level of anti Asian sentiment in America and Canada. Some derived from the wars and some just part of the culture I guess. To this day, you can say things about Asians, especially the Chinese, that you'd lose everything for, if you said about one of the popular diversity club members. Just how it is. 

Discussing what political risks there are to BABA is pretty much all there is to discuss.

I see a qualitative difference compared to "my candidate is better!  yours is old!...  no!  mine is better and yours is both old and crazy!" 

Get it?

Edited by ERICOPOLY