Random thoughts on portfolio construction for a novice

jfan

Thanks for sharing. I read your article and can honestly say I enjoyed reading about your thoughts on investing.

to cultivate that kind of self-control and self-discipline, and lack of self-delusion is the work of a lifetime

you can't be vigilant some of the time, you have to be vigilant all the time, or at least you have to try

I suffer a lot from my fear and anxiety of loss.

I might be wrong or talking about my own experiences, anyways, I believe ancient philosophers have studied and found some answers to problems of the mind.

Fear and anxiety are interconnected, AFAIK. Being aware of and facing my fears is something I'm working on all the time.

A fearless man is free.

There is no past or future, only the present, try to enjoy it.

I will take the Principles You test to try to learn more about myself.

I am glad you enjoyed the writing. Thanks for the encouragement. It is very much appreciated.

I must admit that, although I believe ancient philosophy and history is full of useful pearls. Both subjects seem daunting for me. But perhaps I'm just afraid of spending time reading, sitting, and thinking because there is not enough action, nor is there an end goal, and its really hard work.

The fun thing about the Principles You test is that you can share it with your significant other and compare your similarities and differences. It certainly worth do even if it is for a good laugh.