Walter Scott RIP

fareastwarriors

12 hours ago, fareastwarriors said:

Everybody remembers the guy who leaves it all to the world.

Scott had told the Omaha World-Herald that he intended for nearly all of his personal assets to be donated to his personal foundation, which supports projects in Omaha.

"My children were taken care of long ago — what they make of their lives is now their own responsibility," Scott said to the World-Herald. "Ultimately, nearly everything will go to the foundation, with the hopes it will benefit my hometown for many generations to come."

I don't think it is in Berkshire's long term interest to see Greg Abel have a large personal stake in an individual Berkshire subsidiary once he is running the entire conglomerate. I think it is likely that once Greg takes the CEO job he would convert the BHE stock he holds into BRK.A shares.  He may even elect to do that before he becomes CEO.

In the past, as the Walter Scott entities wanted liquidity, Berkshire Hathaway Energy would repurchase shares, which increases both Berkshire's and Abel's interest in BHE.  They may continue to do that over time or maybe Berkshire will buy large blocks of the Scott family shares over time.

I don't think the Scott estate shares end up owned by Greg Abel.

1 minute ago, gfp said:

I don't think it is in Berkshire's long term interest to see Greg Abel have a large personal stake in an individual Berkshire subsidiary once he is running the entire conglomerate. I think it is likely that once Greg takes the CEO job he would convert the BHE stock he holds into BRK.A shares.  He may even elect to do that before he becomes CEO.

In the past, as the Walter Scott entities wanted liquidity, Berkshire Hathaway Energy would repurchase shares, which increases both Berkshire's and Abel's interest in BHE.  They may continue to do that over time or maybe Berkshire will buy large blocks of the Scott family shares over time.

I don't think the Scott estate shares end up owned by Greg Abel.

Thank you, gfp,

Your  post makes lots of sense to me personally. Again, let's see.