Changes to Memberships!

Parsad

After several months of testing the subscription based model, I've decided to go back to the old lifetime membership model.  This will go into effect as soon as Watermelon Webworks makes the change.

The one-time fee will be $49.99 going forward for a lifetime membership.  Those grandfathered will not have to pay anything...just keep using as usual.

For those that have paid since we switched over formats...your monthly or annual charges will be terminated and you will be automatically grandfathered in without any further fees.

Because we are moving back to the old format, two other changes:

The Investment Ideas board is now only for member use.  It will not be visible to the general public.  I think we've put together a pretty fantastic database of posts that is continuously updated on hundreds and hundreds of stocks...so if people want access to it, they will have to join.

We've also added a Wealth Advisory & Financial Management board.  It is member use only as well.  It is for those in the industry to share experiences and for those that want to join the industry to learn more.  If you share any client experiences, please ensure you do not use names or client details, as those posts will be immediately deleted and you will be given a warning before future acts lead to membership cancellation.  

Cheers!

Sanjeev

Depending upon how its set up, I would consider allowing non members to view the entry page to Investment Ideas. Rather than making that part of the forum members only. The reason being is that someone being able to see the ideas being discussed may be more of an incentive to plunk down $50 or whatever. That was one of the reasons I joined. Saw discussion on a name I followed. So allow entry to investments but limit entry to the specific threads. 

We are getting pretty good value for our money here. I think I paid $20 way back then and that's probably one of the best deals out there. I have come to love the changes in the website, so much easier to put in gif's now.

My recommendation is to put a tip jar link on your site somewhere. I am sure some member will drop some change there.

Thumbs Up Double Thumbs Up GIF - ThumbsUp DoubleThumbsUp Like - Discover &  Share GIFs | Gif, Thumbsup, Thumbs up

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents but I would agree with Gregmal.  It's highly unlikely newbies will plop down $50 if they can't see what they're buying into.  I suspect most people on the board would follow and read for a while before feeling the need to join and respond to a post or comment on a stock.  

Either way, I'm in to stay whatever is decided. 

Sanjeev, thanks for the updates. Appreciate your continued work with this site.

Would it be possible to have a "dark" mode for the board? So that it's easier on the eyes. I'm not a software person at all, so I don't know if this is complicated or not, but just wanted to make a suggestion for a small improvement that I'm sure many will love.

1 hour ago, Mephistopheles said:

Would it be possible to have a "dark" mode for the board? So that it's easier on the eyes. I'm not a software person at all, so I don't know if this is complicated or not, but just wanted to make a suggestion for a small improvement that I'm sure many will love.

if you are using Chrome and are plagued with the font darkness not only on this site but everywhere else that you may visit;  then I recommend an extension called "make chrome text black". It does cost $20 a year but what a difference it makes when browsing sites without eye strain...

1 hour ago, Frankie1 said:

if you are using Chrome and are plagued with the font darkness not only on this site but everywhere else that you may visit;  then I recommend an extension called "make chrome text black". It does cost $20 a year but what a difference it makes when browsing sites without eye strain...

This is nice but I was referring to having the background black and the font white. The bright screen from the white background is what causes the eye strain. Sites such as WSJ, Twitter, IBKR have that option.

10 hours ago, Mephistopheles said:

I wonder if the background color affects melatonin production.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:03 PM, Mephistopheles said:

This is nice but I was referring to having the background black and the font white. The bright screen from the white background is what causes the eye strain. Sites such as WSJ, Twitter, IBKR have that option.

Will look for a plug-in that allows you guys to change your screen appearance as you wish.  Cheers!

7 hours ago, COBFInfinity said:

Two people have mentioned ads. I don't recall seeing any ads. Is that for a mobile version?

Uhhhh no I have them everywhere on mobile and desktop. Is there an ad free version - I have no need for women’s clothing?!?

00D38066-BD96-4013-8F97-1CD87E49D062.jpeg

Edited by hasilp89

2 hours ago, hasilp89 said:

Uhhhh no I have them everywhere on mobile and desktop. Is there an ad free version - I have no need for women’s clothing?!?

A friendly reminder that your situation may reflect a form of targeted or custom advertising based on your overall browsing activity, internet searches, online purchases and social media profile.🙂

-----

Apologies for the invasion of privacy and -----) back to the Google-is-free and this-site-is-almost-for-free discussion.

• 7 months later...

Parsad,

I have been getting inappropriate ads. I have clicked the feedback option, MANY MANY times. Please have these removed. I don't mind seeing a female in bathing suit or whatever, but I have have several ads with young girls in skimpy bikinis. Way over the line...for me...

984821961_forumsnip.PNG.0df8c61d4098938cc53894cb5030661c.PNG

Agree with gregmal 100%. Having some stock level posts available for Google will help with search results too.  Maybe you could just show the opening post or perhaps VIC style where content gets released after a delay. 

I am having similar experience to longlake.  I have no issues with ads but surely there can be some limit on what's shown. 

Edited by no_free_lunch

Just to add to Gregmal's post ...

Consider making the most recent 15 posts on every investment idea visible to all; thereafter, offer a 1-month time-limited membership for a small fee. Upon expiry, offer a lifetime membership for a higher fee. You are targeting those looking at a specific company, that have been referred to the COBF site - there is no need to give them the milk for free. 

SD