WEB: If I see a shirt I like, I'll usually buy it

smw397

Brilliant opinion piece by the Oracle of Onionha

If I See A Shirt I Like, I'll Usually Just Buy It

By Warren Buffett

February 4, 2010 | Issue 46•05

I'm not really the kind of person to get caught up in the latest trends or fashions or anything like that. But some days, if I get out of work early and have a little time to kill before dinner, I'll go do some window-shopping in the downtown Omaha area. Usually I just stick to browsing, but occasionally I'll see a shirt I like, and if I try it on and it looks good, I'll say, "What the heck," and go ahead and buy it.

Because why not, right?

If you think about it, we're only talking $50 or $60 tops here. I've had a steady income for years now, and I'm at the point in my life where I just refuse to feel guilty about treating myself to a decent shirt every once in a while. See, because it's not even about the money. It's about feeling good. So if I come across a nice blue button-down or a really sharp Tommy Hilfiger polo, I just think, "Warren, in the span of a lifetime are you really going to miss the $40 you spent on a shirt you might wear for upwards of 10 years?" Of course not.

Read the whole thing at: http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/if_i_see_a_shirt_i_like_ill

While quite humorous, that is probably one of the most bizarre articles/opinions I've seen WEB write.  If he likes a shirt, he may just buy it?  I hope next week he doesn't write an article for Money Magazine entitled "Top Ten Ways To Make Your Income Go Farther"!  ;D  I'm sure there are Buffetteers out there wondering if he's trying to stimulate the economy, by asking the average consumer to buy a shirt or something they like.  Cheers!

While quite humorous, that is probably one of the most bizarre articles/opinions I've seen WEB write.  If he likes a shirt, he may just buy it?  I hope next week he doesn't write an article for Money Magazine entitled "Top Ten Ways To Make Your Income Go Farther"!   ;D  I'm sure there are Buffetteers out there wondering if he's trying to stimulate the economy, by asking the average consumer to buy a shirt or something they like.  Cheers!

Sanj, why didn't you tell us that YOU had written an article about yourself in the same issue?  You're much too modest!  I found it on page 7 of The Onion.  It's right beside the article by Barack Obama entitled, "Sarah Palin is My Secret Friend".  

Haha Twa, I didn't even see it was written in The Onion!  Yes, you got me!  Ima Pazzo!   ;D

If one indicator of good humor is that you can't tell if somebody's serious or not, well then so far this thread delivers, a lot more than I thought it might.