Free Live Japan Quotes

maplevalue

I am looking for a free source of quotes for a stocks on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. IB offers these for a fee, but I only need to make one trade so would rather not subscribe (and also forget about cancelling). Are there any websites like Yahoo Finance which offers free live quotes (and bid/ask) for US stocks for Japan? Googling this was unsuccessful!

13 hours ago, maplevalue said:

I am looking for a free source of quotes for a stocks on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. IB offers these for a fee, but I only need to make one trade so would rather not subscribe (and also forget about cancelling). Are there any websites like Yahoo Finance which offers free live quotes (and bid/ask) for US stocks for Japan? Googling this was unsuccessful!

If you only need to do one trade, are real time quotes really that important. I typically just put a limit order in and let the chips fall into place.

With IB, one workaround is to buy just 100 shares and then you know the price based on the market value of your holding. The market value updates in real time faster than the quotes.

I hve done this in the past with a paper account in IB as well.  you don’t get bid ask spread, just the current value based on the last trade. But in any case, I don’t really bother any more and just put in a GTC order and sometimes wait a bit , if it is really illiquid. 

This works in other markets as well when you don’t have real time quotes.

Edited by Spekulatius