Wyden in Forbes

ratiman

13 hours ago, fareastwarriors said:

Micro- and small-cap value investor? Those types of investors still exist? 

Anything worth piggy-backing on? 🤣

i like API Group - ticker APG. He talked about it in a G&D newsletter.

Yeah I saw that. It's pretty nuts if he can't get funded, or maybe the problem is with institutions? None of my business but he should be a source of entertaining COBF content for years to come. Some of his conference call rants are  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Didnt see his rant, what was it? I do an incredibly poor job of following Twitter, mainly because I dont have an account nor a desire to get one. This guy has quietly been money for a while though. Glad he's getting his day(assuming he wants it). 

I think the issue for institutions is that it's hard to trust a guy who demonstrates such a lack of emotional control on social media, to be able to control his emotions when it comes to making investment decisions. 

Eh I posted this in a private chat on the subject so its somewhat edited to remove detail but basically...

A good friend of mine grew up with (well known allocator)...(allocators name) has even said on numerous occasions the key to building (his firm) and ultimately being a successful feeder/allocator is basically just kissing ass. Hob knobbing. Throwing events that popular people go to. I dont think performance is anywhere near the top of the list for many of these guys. They basically just need to avoid someone who blows up in a big way but is otherwise boring and vanilla and won't make them look bad. Most dont seem to understand the absurdity of the system, particularly someone like Wyatt who seems focused on the only thing that should matter which is performance.

Adam is probably better off just doing his own thing and not kissing the ring. He obviously doesnt need these guys, let alone putting up with their arrogant, entitled, I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine nonsense that comes with taking their money. It's awesome seeing someone like him, who lacks the typical establishment "polish" kicking ass and taking names. 

1. Gregmal you should reconsider Twitter. I thought it was a garbage / waste of time but have come to appreciate it for idea gen and for learning/connecting with people who much smarter than me (much like this website). A form of scuttlebutt in a way. Takes some time to follow the right folks and not get caught in politics (unless that’s what you want)
  2. I saw the rant on Wyden and agree with the thoughts. Interesting to me that he forged his own path despite very likely having the opportunity to hobnob given his dads political standing.

• 7 months later...
43 minutes ago, ratiman said:

Not wrong 🤣🤣🤣 I have no idea why he's coming up in my Twitter feed but it should be amusing

someone was arguing with him about a stock's fundamentals and Adam decided that the proper response was to doxx that person (via a link to the person's LinkedIn) and make fun of the college that person attended. 

Edited by thepupil

48 minutes ago, thepupil said:

someone was arguing with him about a stock's fundamentals and Adam decided that the proper response was to doxx that person (via a link to the person's LinkedIn) and make fun of the college that person attended. 

#nofilter 😛 I hope he doesn't shut up because the entertainment potential here is spectacular

Edited by ratiman

I went to a party type state school and then a no name school and wouldnt change it for the world. From experience, the schools some seem compelled to brag about attending indicate one of two things. Either you are a spoiled silver spooner, or you had no social life during your high school and college years. Often times its actually both of those together. Frankly, I am not sure what attending even the most storied universities would have dont to make my life better.