Li Lu/Himalaya Capital - 13F - Q1-2021

omagh

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, nwoodman said:

Thanks, an interesting but altogether unsurprising addition at these levels. 

The value transfer from outgoing shareholders to remaining shareholders is being widely underestimated.  Here's hoping prices stay low for a while longer to allow that reverse compounding to really kick in.  It's at $51B cash (outbound) + discounted intrinsic value (inbound) since the buybacks started in earnest as well as the earnings per share boost (5%) so far.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, rogermunibond said:

Has anyone looked through the HK Exchange filings.  Is the Li Lu listed here the same person.

image.thumb.png.77a48b2a834f87c2006be54256607d78.png

Yes, the first three entries are Li Lu from Himalaya Capital.

6 hours ago, whatstheofficerproblem said:

Increased stake in GOOGL by 168%. 

That is true for that one ticker, but the increase in their holdings of this company was more like 40%.

(and we really have no idea what percentage of Li Lu's portfolio is invested in Alphabet since we don't know his AUM)

Edited by gfp

If you hadn't heard of ChatGPT (or seriously considered that Google, Meta, Baba etc have all been developing AI for years and just haven't shown their hand yet), it looks like a no brainers.  About 10% cash and selling at a multiple that is slightly above the historical SP500 multiple, with incredible growth and margins.  If you step back and squint your eyes, it looks great.  If you read the DOJ's antitrust complaint (yes, I'm a nerd) it doesn't look like a legal document.  It looks like a pitch deck from a sell side analyst about why you should own GOOG.  

It's my second biggest position (I've owned it since 2016) and I wouldn't buy more because LiLu owns it, but it's comforting to know that smart people think it's a good buy at these prices.