Reuters Switching to Paywall Model

alpha

Saw this, and it's really too bad - I went to their website today and their "new" UI looks terrible too.

If hardware designers changed the layouts for cars, microwaves, aircraft etc. as much as software designers did for apps and websites, there would be understandable outrage. But somehow it's OK for software designers to totally muck up the user experience, move controls, etc. and still have the cojones to call it an "improvement." Reuters used to be my go-to website for breaking business news but the new interface + paywall makes it unusable for me now. 

I agree this isn't good as I use reuters as my main news source, mainly because it's free. 

With this change I suppose it's time to start investing in my news sources.  I was thinking of finally purchasing a Bloomberg digital subscription, but wanted to know if it was any good before spending the $300+/year for access.

Has anyone got a Bloomberg digital subscription and if so, is it worth the money?

6 hours ago, grc1980 said:

I agree this isn't good as I use reuters as my main news source, mainly because it's free. 

With this change I suppose it's time to start investing in my news sources.  I was thinking of finally purchasing a Bloomberg digital subscription, but wanted to know if it was any good before spending the $300+/year for access.

Has anyone got a Bloomberg digital subscription and if so, is it worth the money?

Bloomberg has a promo where you pay $1.99/month for 3 months trial period.  It includes digital and the weekly magazine!  I will likely cancel at the end of it until the next promo because the annual rate is way too high but I'm loving this promo