I Haven't Been This Excited About Going Against The Herd in Years!

Parsad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Investment firms really can’t lose. If the Biden administration is successful, or if cities like Atlanta voluntarily adopt these rules, as Minneapolis and the entire state of Oregon already have, it is a win. Investment firms can carve up single-family properties and add additional units of varying sizes and shapes to them. Depending on local rules, the new housing will be sold or rented. In cases where an entire development is purchased, as it was outside Houston, investment firms can knock them down, build high-density apartment buildings, and create an endless income stream. If the Biden plan fails, they still have long-term investment rental properties.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/07/01/atlanta-is-a-preview-of-what-joe-bidens-prefered-housing-policies-intend-for-the-suburbs-n1458831

Home Buyers Paying Cash Are Dominating the Property Market in These Cities

In some Florida and New York metro regions, it's tough to compete for homes unless you have access to a ton of cash.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-15/real-estate-market-dominated-by-cash-buyers-in-2021?srnd=premium

Top Five All Cash

Cash buyers are dominant in Florida, which is a popular destination for retirees — and their life savings.

Metro area Percent of purchases made in cash
West Palm Beach, FL 53%
Naples, FL 53
Nassau County, NY 50
North Port, FL 49
Port St. Lucie, FL 46

• 3 weeks later...

The topic title contains the word "herd" [, also known as the "crowd"].

The question remains open for me: "Who am I?" [Understood as Part of the "herd", or not?]

Up YTD ~31% [gross, with withheld dividend taxes added back] today.

I can't really move the butt of my family [in total "the gang"][and the butt of my own] around any longer without incurring a capital gain tax of 42% for "socalled" taxable accounts.

For tax deferred accounts it's even "better" here in Denmark: Pay a 15.3 procent tax [mind you, it´s called the PAL-tax!] on realized & UNREALIZED capital gains.

I'm not a macro guy.

Based on that, I'm personally seriously considering offloading every bank stock held in tax deferred accounts by any member of the "gang".

Edited by John Hjorth

• 3 weeks later...

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3733763-toll-brothers-q3-results-better-than-expected-lowers-full-year-2021-delivery-guidance

• "Our FY 2022 margins will significantly exceed the strong margins we project for our FY 2021 fourth quarter and that our return on beginning equity will exceed 20% in FY 2022 and beyond," Chairman and CEO Douglas C. Yearley Jr. said in a statement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...