Thoughts on a Data Newspaper that eliminates or minimizes stories

LongHaul

Sometimes when I am reading a newspaper or other online article I really just want the bottom line and not all the personal stories and other context and noise.  

I was curious if other people would also be interested in a "newspaper" or site that really just offered objective data or facts (primarily numbers).

I think the advantages of a well done version would be the following:

1.  Shows the most important data straight away 

2. Unbiased by political ideology 

3. Time savings vs having to read an entire article to get the data (if it is even in there)

4.  Graphs and tables of critical data displayed visually

Thoughts?

Edited by LongHaul

There is a relatively small % which prefer this. The FT/WSJ was like this for a while, they are probably still some of the closest you can get to objectivity in news reporting.

But there is a reason that most news outlets have gone the opposite way - it keeps customers engaged longer and is therefore more profitable. 

Totally would support this. Havent watched TV or subscribed to any "news" publications in ages. The primary reason being is that no one reports what happened anymore. Its always a skew or opinion wrapped up with the only aspect of fact being the proverbial tip of the iceberg you see. Everything is taken out of context, and I guess its deliberate. Take the Georgia election for instance. How many different outrageous and deceptive headlines have we seen? Whereas the truth is basically this...

Meanwhile, I havent really seen any updates on the "kids in cages" fiasco in quite some time...even though I hear theres some pretty big problems at the border currently. And god forbid the stories require an "expert" or outside opinion. Seems people seek out the "experts" whom happen to "find" the result theyre looking for. 

I actually meant a paper that was more numbers focused.  

For instance it might boil down a complex topic into 1 number.

For Example: Rather than a long story it would just be:

"Pfizer Vaccine effectiveness against South African Variant:  91% against symptomatic cases"  

Essentially getting to the essence of the issue and skipping much of the filler.